OverviewSt Joseph’s Health Centre Toronto Research Coordinator Full Time in Toronto, ON
St Joseph’s Health Centre Toronto
Branch Toronto ON CA
Implements education research studies / data collection. Knowledge and experience obtaining informed consent for research studies, administering survey…
Full Time Temporary
29.158 to $33.802 per hour
Full Time Temporary (until approximately July 1, 2017)
An exciting Research Coordinator position has been established at the Department of Medical Education & Scholarship at St. Joseph’s Health Centre (SJHC), a major community hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto (U of T).
Reporting to the Manager of the Department of Medical Education & Scholarship (DMES), the position of Research Coordinator plays a role in the advancement of education research at St. Joseph’s Health Centre and beyond. The Research Coordinator will work under the general supervision of SJHC faculty and researchers. This position will have involvement in the health care education research projects of SJHC faculty and researchers – from administration of research studies, design of data collection tools, collection and analysis of data, interpretation of data and presentation and publication of results.
• Implements education research studies / data collection
• Assists with the analysis and interpretation of study data
• Prepares data collection tools (e.g. electronic surveys, interview protocols)
• Schedules and conducts interviews and focus groups
• Works collaboratively to prepare research papers for publication in scholarly, peer-reviewed health care journals
• Contributes to abstracts and presentations for conferences
• Manuscript preparation
• Contributes to ethics applications
• Recruits and explains studies to prospective participants; and obtains consent
• Performs literature reviews
• Securely handles study data
1. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or with 5 years related research experience required; honors degree with thesis or major research project/paper preferred. Master’s Degree with 3 years related research experience preferred.
2. National Institute Health (NIH) Research Participants web course required.
3. Advanced knowledge of the regulatory environment in Clinical Research.
4. Knowledge and experience obtaining informed consent for research studies, administering survey instruments and conducting qualitative research interviews and focus groups.
5. Knowledge of qualitative research software and reference management software an asset.
6. Experience in a health care and/or health professional education environment preferred
7. Relevant clinical trials experience preferred.
8. Clinical Research Associate (CCRA) certificate preferred.
9. Ability to perform academic literature searches.
10. Proficiency with computers and data storage required.
11. Able to work independently, without immediate supervision, and as part of a team.
12. A high degree of professionalism and respect for colleagues.
13. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
14. Proven ability to learn new skills quickly.
15. Excellent communication skills.
16. Demonstrated flexibility to deal with changing priorities and multiple tasks.
17. Satisfactory Attendance Record.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-19