OverviewSt Joseph’s Health Centre Manager, Planning & Development Full Time in Toronto, ON
St Joseph’s Health Centre
Branch Toronto ON CA
Manager, Planning & Development
Assist the Director of Planning & Development in managing the planning development, implementation and construction of the capital plan….
Reporting to the Director, Planning & Development, the Manager is responsible for all aspects of hospital projects, including Ministry of Health approved projects and internal hospital renovation projects, ensuring that they are delivered within the defined schedule and budget constraints, and achieve the desired outcomes. The Manager, assisting the Director in leading the Planning & Development Team, must ensure that the project(s) abides by all legislative requirements (local codes and bylaws), Ministry of Health Requirements (e.g. GOS, Capital Planning Manual) and relevant guidelines related to the specific area of redevelopment.
1. Provide advice, guidance and direction to various committees, team members/consultants on matters related to the facilities planning and capital projects. Ensure process is completed as scheduled.
2. Assist the Director of Planning & Development in managing the planning development, implementation and construction of the capital plan.
3. Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
4. Identify, secure and manage the necessary resources for the successful completion of projects; provide leadership and guidance to members of the department.
5. Oversee the organizing of user groups and conduct meetings as required to ensure timely and effective progress toward design documentation. Ensure process is completed as scheduled.
6. Manage the development of block schematics, sketch plans and working drawings in compliance with the Functional Program through the architect and with user group input.
7. Prepare capital budgets and capital forecast updates for projects underway.
8. Review and comment on working drawings and specifications for completeness and accuracy.
9. Develop project schedules, milestones, and phasing plans in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders
10. Work in collaboration with Public Affairs to create and roll out a communications plan/strategy for various projects.
11. Responsible for overseeing all aspects of equipment planning, procurement and installation with respect to renovations and projects. Ensure the team’s timely identification of furniture, fixtures and equipment requirements, as well as the tender, delivery and installation process of the same.
12. Oversee various construction projects as the Owner’s Representative for scheduling, monitoring and approving cashflow and progress draws, and approve the issuance of Contemplated Change Notices (CCN’s) and Change Orders for approval by Director. Analyze and report monthly on the status of the CCN’s and job site instructions, summarizing project costs and projections.
13. Participate in construction site meetings as the owners’ representative.
14. Identify project risks and mitigation strategies. Ensure that quality and performance expectations for projects are met.
15. Ensure the completion of project status reports in conjunction with the Director to meet both hospital planning committee needs and the Ministry of Health needs.
16. Ensure that the hospital’s Infection Prevention and Control policies and protocols related to construction are followed, in conjunction with internal Infection Control staff and Occupational Health & Safety.
17. Ensure the policies and protocols are understood and adhered to by contractors.
18. Liaise with hospital administrators, department heads and physicians and attempt to minimize disruption to the current operating facilities during construction.
19. Oversee relocation of staff and equipment and the orientation of staff to new or renovated facilities, providing support and guidance to the Team as required.
20. Assist the Director in recommending solutions to space allocation challenges identified by the health Centre. Plan and implement the renovations required to address space needs.
21. Oversee and organize the activities of all consultants to the projects.
22. Conduct deficiency review and follow-up.
23. Track all ongoing contract interpretation disputes and represent the owner at post-contract meetings to negotiate dispute issues.
24. Oversee the design, procurement and installation of all health centre signage and way-finding systems.
25. Prepare post occupancy evaluations and analyze space utilization.
26. Oversee the commissioning process for the facility and equipment where appropriate, as well as other close-out related tasks, including financial reconciliation and final reporting to the health Centre and Ministry.
1. University Degree or College Diploma in Architecture, Engineering or related field with a minimum of 7-10 years project management, renovation and construction in a health care environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
2. Demonstrated experience with facility and equipment commissioning and orientation.
3. Knowledge of capital budget, facility designs and construction processes and familiarity with health care delivery systems.
4. Demonstrated oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to use computers for spreadsheets, word-processing and/or computer assisted drafting (CAD).
6. Demonstrated initiative and leadership skills, supplemented by organization, planning and analytic skills.
7. Demonstrated skill with respect to project management, organization, implementation of detailed project specifications with multi-user groups and of major construction projects.
8. Satisfactory attendance Record
How to Apply:
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following two methods.
1) Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
2) Email your resume to [email protected] . To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email .
3) In support of persons’ with disabilities, St. Joseph’s Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. ( In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards ). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph’s Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit a transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted by choosing the position from this link: http://sjnet/kiosk2/external.php, clicking “APPLY NOW”, and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the “For Staff” section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24