OverviewSt Joseph’s Health Centre Manager of Corporate Partnerships and Events Temporary in Toronto, ON
St Joseph’s Health Centre
Branch Toronto ON CA
Manager of Corporate Partnerships and Events
Fundraising, corporate partnerships, event and volunteer management. The Manager will have expertise in corporate partnerships and sponsorships and event and…
Foundation Full Time Temporary
$75,000 / year
Full Time Temporary (1 year contract maternity leave)
St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation is building. We have a great neighbourhood, an outstanding health centre and lots of important fundraising priorities as part of our new $70 million campaign. We believe that improving and sustaining the health of our community depends on building strong partnerships with our neighbours.
St. Joseph’s Health Centre is a large community teaching hospital of 3500 care providers supporting a community of half a million Torontonians. The Foundation is growing and we are looking for a new member of our Foundation team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic team player who wants to work as part of a dynamic team focused on servicing and attracting support from our patients, neighbours and friends in our west end community. We are looking forward to you helping us realize impressive results now and in years to come!
The Manager of Corporate Partnerships and Events is part of a dynamic Community Engagement team focused on engaging corporate partnership for St. Joseph’s and managing the Foundation’s events.
S/he is a builder and sustainer of relationships who likes a challenge and looks for opportunities for the Foundation to expand its corporate revenue base. S/he is someone who will know the community well and will build our existing signature events (Fall Classic Golf Tournament, Toronto West Halloween Fest, Cycle 4 St. Joe’s and Share Your Light) in ways that: mobilize the community; build awareness of the Health Centre; are accessible; engaging and meet or exceed revenue expectations. The Manager will also work closely with the Foundation’s major giving team to manage successful internal and external events.
The Manager reports to the Director of Community Engagement and works closely with their Foundation colleagues as part of an integrated team focused on meeting annual business objectives.
The Manager of Corporate Partnerships and Events will be an outstanding team member, a strategic thinker, clear communicator and strong executer. The Manager will have expertise in corporate partnerships and sponsorships and event and volunteer management. They will have experience working with volunteers at all levels and supporting their success. The Manager will have a strong track record of success over the last five or more years. They will love a challenge and relish the opportunity to be a leader in a dynamic and growing organization focused on delivering increasingly strong results in an integrated structure. Knowledge of our Toronto west end community is a definite asset.
S/he is someone who will know the community well and will enhance our current operations and develop innovative new ways to help mobilize our internal and external communities in ways that are accessible, engaging and effective. They will be focused on meeting business objectives now and in the future and building a strong and successful revenue streams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Qualifies, cultivates, solicits, manages and stewards corporate and community partnerships that create new or incremental revenue for St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation.
• Develops the strategy and manages all aspects of the solicitation process, including researching and discerning the objectives of prospective partners and creating proposals/presentations
• Draft proposals for solicitation meetings with prospects and partners
• Knows and applies best practices in the design and execution of corporate and community fundraising event partnerships
• Accountable for overseeing a portfolio of signature St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation’s fundraising events, including event logistics planning, critical path management, volunteer recruitment, participant communications, partner recognition and benefits and data tracking
• Continuously evaluate the partner’s satisfaction in order to design expansion opportunities with the goal of increasing or diversifying revenue potential
• Work with members of the Community Engagement team to create annual business plans and budgets and track fundraising revenue against the targets
• Maintains relationship data for events/partners in CRM database (Raiser’s Edge)
• Contributes to Foundation team initiatives, plans and meetings
1. University or college degree required
2. At least five years of related experience; fundraising, corporate partnerships, event and volunteer management
3. Fundraising experience in health care environment preferred, ideally with experience working on corporate partnerships, event production and volunteer management
4. High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
5. Preferred experience working with Raiser’s Edge fundraising software
6. Outstanding communicator, effective writer and strong team member
7. Strategic thinker
8. Strong supervisory skills
9. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
10. Satisfactory attendance record.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-07-03