OverviewSt Joseph’s Health Centre HR Assistant Full Time in Toronto, ON
St Joseph’s Health Centre
Branch Toronto ON CA
Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet. Booking and/or administering interviews/testing, management and distribution of all resumes,…
Recruitment Related Duties
Assisting Employment Coordinators with various requests which may include; booking and/or administering interviews/testing, management and distribution of all resumes, which may include screening for qualified candidates, completing reference and file checks, etc.
Scheduled and Ad Hoc reporting
Run and distribute various scheduled reports; upon request, provide HR staff or department managers with additional reports / data generated from the HRIS.
Create/maintain basic to advanced HRIS queries and reports and advanced spreadsheets, comparing data and using various Excel functions for all areas of the HR department
Internal and External Advertising
Maintain the electronic posting board, create and maintain a record of all internal postings created
Liaise with contacts from various external advertising sites for contract renewal, posting vacancies and ensuring appropriate branding, including sourcing new advertising opportunities, reviewing all external posting site proposals and job fair opportunities presenting to recruitment team when applicable
Maintain all external branding, including job fair materials, create new advertising materials as needed
New Hire Orientation
Create and maintain lists of all employees scheduled to attend computer training, new hire, interprofessional and nursing orientation. Prepare personalized packages for all attendees and maintain/update all electronic resource materials
Facilitate the attendance process, i.e. sign-in, stakeholder notifications, re-scheduling
Participate at various levels in Human Resources project work, liaising with the Web Programmer to provide graphic design, layout and functionality recommendations, testing quality and usability of the various systems created
Act as contact person for staff with questions, concerns, or requiring technical support for the various HR designed systems
Back up reception and various administrative duties
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, or Degree in a related field, with completion of a post graduate Human Resources Diploma Program.
2. Previous experience in Human Resources preferred.
3. Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GroupWise (email/calendar) and the Internet required.
4. Experience navigating a SQL server HRIS required, experience creating queries and reports strongly preferred.
5. Basic knowledge and understanding of web function and design, ability to liaise with the web programmer for various projects and able to convey the requirement of the department/functionality of the end product.
6. Accurate keyboarding of 40 w.p.m.
7. Demonstrated initiative and ability to organize workload in a busy environment under strict deadlines.
8. Accuracy and attention to detail.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
10. Strong customer service skills.
11. Polite and efficient telephone manner essential.
12. Ability to keep strict confidence.
13. Must be a strong team player.
14. Satisfactory attendance record.
How to Apply:
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following two methods.
1) Upload your resume using the form below. Please note that only PDF or Word Documents may be uploaded.
2) Email your resume to [email protected] . To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email .
3) In support of persons’ with disabilities, St. Joseph’s Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. ( In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards ). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph’s Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit a transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted by choosing the position from this link: http://sjnet/kiosk2/external.php, clicking “APPLY NOW”, and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the “For Staff” section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-30