OverviewSPUD.ca Marketing and Events Team Member Part Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Marketing and Events Team Member
Strong organizational skills, and proven ability to execute against calendars and timelines. Identify, assist in the planning and preparation, and execute…
Would you like to be a part of a growing and dedicated team who work to provide sustainable solutions in our own communities? SPUD (Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery) was created by and grown with passion, grit, and a vision of how business and local partnerships ought to be. Plus, it helps that we get to work with delicious and organic food all day. Channel your own passion and take your career to the next level by joining one of our talented teams!
SPUD.ca is looking for a Marketing and Events Intern for our Calgary, AB location (#3 3200 14th Avenue). This position is part-time/on-call, 0-20 hours per week, no guaranteed hours.
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
What you’ll do
- Work with existing community partners to provide information via print, social media or email to the organization’s members to learn more about SPUD.
- Generate relationships with hospitals, schools, churches (and other community groups) to increase awareness and generate new members in targeted groups.
- Identify, assist in the planning and preparation, and execute initiatives to spread information and awareness on SPUD’s services – including, but not limited to fruit blitzes, pop-up events, and door knocking.
- Focus marketing efforts to high-potential geographic areas, and to high-value potential customers.
- Create positive, ongoing relationships in all interactions and represent SPUD in a positive manner.
Our compensation package consists of
- $15.00 per hour to start
- 20% discount on all of our products on spud.ca
What you’ll need
- A valid Driver’s License, and clean driving abstract for the last 5 years. You would also need to be comfortable driving our large SPUD vehicles to events!
- Enthusiasm for organic groceries/produce, sustainability, and our local food movement!
- Experience in either marketing, outreach, or a sales role. This is an ideal role for a student.
- A passion for creating amazing customer experiences .
- Strong organizational skills, and proven ability to execute against calendars and timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About SPUD SPUD is more than just an online grocery company; we have a deep passion for local and organic foods and have set out on a journey to support healthy families. We are entrepreneurial, humble, have a resilient drive to succeed and we really love our customers.
Our local food movement involves delivering local and organic groceries to homes and offices with four Western Canadian locations in Edmonton, Calgary, Victoria and Vancouver. In each location, we hire locally, buy locally, and deliver locally. We work to simplify and enrich the lives of our customers, staff, suppliers and community partners. We strive to provide meaningful work, competitive compensation, and other opportunities for our employees to share in the success of the company.
Our Core Values:
SPUD.ca is a certified B Corporation who is committed to solving social and environmental problems. Some of these efforts involve the following five things we do:
SPUD is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23