OverviewSpin Master Internal Communications & Events Coordinator Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Internal Communications & Events Coordinator
Exposure and preferably experience with marketing, communications and promotional event logistics. Internal communications and local/corporate events progress…
Reporting to the VP, Global Marketing & Communications and VP, Sales & Marketing, the candidate will be key contributor to the marketing team by maintaining company’s internal company’s communication intranet, writing and executing a variety of promotional and internal communication materials, as well as, coordinating local and corporate event logistics.
- Contribute and maintain content to our internal corporate intranet site by working cooperatively with the Executive, HR, Brand, PR, Media, International, Sales and Creative teams to secure assets, upload, write and post on intranet
- Maximize the impact of corporate image internally through compelling messaging
- Ensure communication strategy is consistent and reflects the organization’s strategic vision
- Develop strong relationships and collaborate with teams within Spin Master contributing to internal communications
- Write, edit and design internal communications deliverables as required
- Ensure content is accurate and consistent across internal communication channels
- Share content across all digital and social platforms as required
- Report and analyze employee engagement with corporate intranet
- Produce new content as required including sourcing images and artwork and commissioning photographers
- Plan, manage and support local/corporate events and initiatives (e.g. annual Caring & Sharing, Santa Claus Parade, Holiday party, New York Toy Fair party
- Assist in multiple projects simultaneously while effectively managing time and ensuring deadlines are met
- Assist in tracking project critical paths, identify risks to timelines and provide solutions to ensure all deliverables are met
- Assist with the content, print, and production of all program materials (booklets, signage, namebadges, etc.) as well as sample ordering
- Research and source supplier goods and services as required for client programs (catering, décor, entertainment, AV, transportation, venues, etc).
- Review and coordinate participant lists
- Travel and support on-site with programs when required, to ensure smooth delivery and consistency on all program elements
- Assist participants with program enquiries
- Act as a professional brand ambassador when representing Spin Master at all events
- Employee engagement with the corporate intranet site
- Fluency with corporate, brand and retail marketing initiatives
- Strong, collaborative relationships with team, colleagues and partners
- Deadline achievement and proven ability to handle multiple tasks
- Internal communications and local/corporate events progress reports
- Education: University degree with an emphasis in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or a related field as well as training in web development and design or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-2 years of consumer product marketing experience in a new product-oriented industry, preferably working with toy, entertainment, fashion, or other pop culture products
- Exposure and preferably experience with marketing, communications and promotional event logistics
- Experience assisting with implementation of promotion and communication strategies
- Experience reviewing and creating basic content, adapting layout and proof-reading written content for internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and prioritize work without missing critical deadlines
- Proven ability to do whatever it takes to get the job done while continuously taking initiative and pushing projects forward under tight deadlines
- Passionate about creative excellence and willing to drive self and others to achieve “magic.”
Excellent computer skills including experience with implementation of internet and social networking communications. Experience working with Microsoft Office, Illustrator, InDesign and DreamWeaver – or other web design/programming packages.
Highly developed communication skills, including excellent writing. Strong research skills. Creative and innovative. Professional, tactful and enthusiastic. Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be extremely organized and detail oriented. The incumbent must be able to produce accurate work in a timely manner, given multiple and conflicting priorities while working with time-sensitive deadlines. Must be able to work effectively in a collaborative team environment. Good judgment and tact in handling inquiries and referring them appropriately.
If you were interested in being a part of Spin Master, please send us your applications to [Click Here To Join] .
All Internal applications / referrals, please contact your Talent Acquisition Coordinator @ Spin Master.
While applying please ensure that you highlight the source & job title in the subject line.
eg: Application for ‘ Job Title & SOURCE: ( where you heard about this job) in the subject line.
We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01