Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2014-11-08
Spectra Energy Transmission – West Environmental Specialist Full Time in Medicine Hat, AB
Spectra Energy Transmission – West
Branch Medicine Hat AB CA
Medicine Hat, AB
Degree or diploma in environmental studies, science or a related engineering discipline. Provide environmental support for emergency/incident response….
This role will:
- Provide environmental leadership and support to the Empress/PTC management team
- Provide support to Area OHS&E committees for environmental issues.
- Provide local Environmental support for ongoing operations, projects, and for other related issues by helping identify and resolve environmental issues and risks.
- Ensure systems are maintained for accurate and timely regulatory compliance and corporate reporting (monthly, annually, incident)
- Liaise with regulatory agencies for Area environmental permits and regulatory issues
- Provide environmental support for emergency/incident response
- Lead the Area to successfully implement the environmental component of the Spectra Energy Environmental Management Programs, its Processes and Standard Operating Procedures
- Support or lead investigation of serious environmental incidents to determine causes and develop recommendations
- Support and guide environmental training throughout area of responsibility
- Degree or diploma in environmental studies, science or a related engineering discipline
- 6 years of relevant environmental work experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in use of computers and programs
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Willing and able to travel to work sites
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Relevant Professional designation (example: P.Eng, P.Ag, EP)
- Working knowledge of Alberta environmental regulations, industry standards and best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills, capable of working independently, and functioning well in a team environment.
- 3 years’ experience in energy or related industry
- 3 years in environmental management experience
- Experience using and developing processes for managing environmental risks
- Strong working knowledge of contaminated sites management, waste management and effluent treatment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve problems by using analytical skills
- Confident decision making skills