Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2016-01-07
Spectra Energy Transmission – West Critical Incident & Compliance Specialist Full Time in Calgary, AB
Spectra Energy Transmission – West
Branch Calgary AB CA
Critical Incident & Compliance Specialist
Develop critical incident investigation standards, guideline, and processes and procedures across SET West Operations and EHS….
- Develop critical incident investigation standards, guideline, and processes and procedures across SET West Operations and EHS.
- Identify and address integration points with Operations Management Systems programs, the Regulatory Audit Compliance group, the Communications group and Project Execution, and provide advice to improve efficiencies and streamline critical incident management processes.
- Work closely with the Regulatory Audit Compliance group to ensure compliance to legal requirements.
- Develop and execute a corrective action tracking process in conjunction with the Regulatory Audit Compliance group to ensure that corrective actions are complete.
- Act as the focal point for all H&S compliance issues as they relate to the Regulatory Audit Compliance group.
- Monitor the execution of the critical incident process, report process status, trends and metrics and adjust plans as required.
- Lead or direct Critical Incident investigation teams across the organization to determine true root cause.
B asic/Minimum Qualifications :
- Degree or diploma from a recognized university, college or technical institute, or equivalent education and experience
- 6 years experience in the energy sector, preferably in transmission systems and processing facilities
- Good computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Valid drivers’ license.
Desired Qualifications :
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) demonstrated through success in negotiating and influencing other or specific groups
- Experience in developing and managing organizational processes
- Experience in interpreting federal and provincial regulations and their applicability to the organization
- Strong facilitation skills with proven ability to engage stakeholders and encourage collaboration and resolution to organizational issues
- Analytical and organizational skills developed through roles in business analysis and project management
- Working knowledge of management systems and process development
- Strong proficiency using a Root Cause investigation process (ie. TapRoot®, 5 Whys, etc).