OverviewSPCA St. John’s Thrift Store Supervisor Part Time in St. John’s, NL
SPCA St. John’s
Branch St. John’s NL CA
Thrift Store Supervisor
St. John’s, NL
Maintain high standards in sales, merchandising, marketing, displays, promotions, customer service, public relations and reduce losses….
NOW HIRING – THRIFT STORE SUPERVISOR
As a Store Supervisor, you coordinate the activities of the store during assigned shifts on behalf of management. We provide a passionate, fast paced community environment where you are immersed in our operations and service. You will experience firsthand the impact of our work on our communities.
- Provide excellent service to customers and fulfill various sales and production roles within the store.
- Provide assistance to the Fundraising Coordinator by designating tasks such as implementing procedures at the store and training new staff/volunteers
- Responsible for store opening/closing procedures and daily reporting
- Responsible for resolving problems as they arise and providing ongoing training and monitoring of volunteers
- Maintain high standards in sales, merchandising, marketing, displays, promotions, customer service, public relations and reduce losses
- Assist Volunteer Coordinator with scheduling of volunteer staff
- Hands-on work alongside volunteer staff to process donations while adhering to daily goals
- Our ideal candidate will have a degree or diploma or equivalent experience in human resources, business management and/or retail management
- 2 plus years’ experience with cash procedures, pricing and sorting procedures, product display and promotion guidelines
- Problem solving skills, action oriented and focused on customer service
- A proficient communicator who thrives on building relationships who maintains their composure and applies superior process management skills in the achievement of established objective
Upon opening we will be operational 6 days a week; however, our store is open for shopping Tuesday to Saturday. We schedule our employees based on operational needs – days, evenings and weekends (Note: Sundays the store is closed and Monday is reserved for sorting/cleaning).
As a Store Supervisor, you will be expected to work either 40 hours a week or 20 hours a week, alongside another store supervisor, in a variety of shifts including weekdays, weekends, sale days and evenings as required. Please indicate on your application if you are interested in full-time or part-time.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Katie Greene, Fundraising Coordinator at [email protected] by Wednesday, February 11th.
Thank you to everyone applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: St. John's, NL, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24