OverviewSouthland Transportation Ltd. Journeyman Technician – $35 per hour! Full Time in Horizon, SK
Southland Transportation Ltd.
Branch Horizon SK CA
Journeyman Technician – $35 per hour!
Health & Safety knowledge – adherence to company, government and Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) rules, regulations and guidelines….
Nature and Scope
The Journeyman Technician is responsible for the servicing and repair of our fleet of buses. Working in accordance with OH&S Safety Regulations, Government Inspections Standards, and company rules and/or standards, the Journeyman Technician must perform all assigned tasks in a safe, efficient and effective manner and is expected to work cooperatively with Operations Personnel, Company Drivers and fellow workers. The Journeyman Technician must have hand tools to perform all tasks associated with this position. This position reports to the Shop Foreman/Lead Hand.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Journeyman Technician Ticket
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- 2 – 5 years related experience desired
- Valid Driver’s License (Class 2 or 3 ideal)
- CVIP (Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program) License desired
- Exposure to working on diesel engines
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read, operate and comprehend diagnostic and manual measuring tools including micrometers, brake drum gauge, ohmmeters and AVR (amps, volts & resistors) in English
- Ability to read and understand parts and service manuals in English
- Proficient with computer equipment
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose mechanical problems with equipment
- Work with shop management to maintain schedules and priorities
- Perform semi-annual Government Inspections
- Follow procedures and guidelines as established by the company
- Complete all documentation associated with mechanical repairs of equipment
- Supervision of apprentice mechanics
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment
- Suggest areas for additional training and assist with training of apprentice mechanics
- Attend company training programs as required
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with co-workers, drivers and operational staff
- Have basic tool requirements as established by the company
This is a full-time (8 hours per day) position. The Journeyman Technician is not restricted to shop duties, but is also expected to do field repair work on down buses both within the city limits and in rural areas and on assigned on-call duties. Holidays are granted as per company policy and are based on service time.
Job performance will be assessed on:
- Ability to consistently perform tasks as assigned
- Day-to-day job performance
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Health & Safety knowledge – adherence to company, government and Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) rules, regulations and guidelines
- Ability to work safely
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Horizon, SK, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-30