OverviewSouthern Health-Santé Sud Regional Disaster Management Officer Full Time in Manitoba
Southern Health-Santé Sud
Branch MB CA
Regional Disaster Management Officer
The Regional Disaster Management Officer is responsible for developing/standardizing, maintaining and monitoring a comprehensive disaster management program to…
The Regional Disaster Management Officer is responsible for developing/standardizing, maintaining and monitoring a comprehensive disaster management program to address issues related to contingency planning and support materials. The Regional Disaster Management Officer will also identify mitigation opportunities, provide education and evaluation of training outcomes and when possible, act as an advisor to Southern Health-Santé Sud’s response to various disaster events.
The incumbent will exercise the appropriate high level of initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values; and the policies of Southern Health-Santé Sud.
• Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline or the equivalent related experience and education.
• Must possess or be willing to work towards a Certificate in Emergency Management.
The following are examples:
o Certificate in Emergency Management – Justice Institute of British Columbia (JIBC); or
o Emergency Management Diploma – Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT).
• A Certificate in Adult Education or equivalent in experience and other education.
• Two (2) years directly related experience with the health system an asset.
• Demonstrated ability of good communication skills utilizing a variety of presentation styles suited to a variety of target groups.
• Proficiency in both official languages (English/French) would be considered an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums.
• Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job.
• Good work and attendance record.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23