OverviewSouthern Health-Santé Sud Education Facilitator / Infection Control Practitioner – Staff Development Part Time in Portage la Prairie, MB
Southern Health-Santé Sud
Branch Portage la Prairie MB CA
Education Facilitator / Infection Control Practitioner – Staff Development
Portage la Prairie, MB
The incumbent is proactive in identifying and meeting her/his own learning needs as well as those of the other health professionals within Southern Health-Santé…
The incumbent, participating as an active member of the Regional Staff Development Team, will collaborate in the planning, development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of the Regional Education and Infection Control programs. The incumbent functions in alignment with the core values of Southern Health-Santé Sud. This position includes resource development and management with elements of research application and integration, and policy and procedure development and acts as a facilitator and educational resource in Infection Prevention & Control and health promotion for clients/and the Region’s employees. The incumbent is proactive in identifying and meeting her/his own learning needs as well as those of the other health professionals within Southern Health-Santé Sud.
Conditions of Employment:
• Requires a valid Class 5 driver’s license, an all purpose insured vehicle and liability insurance of at least $1,000,000.00
Qualifications • Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing and/or 5 years relevant clinical experience as a Registered Nurse.
• Active practicing licence with CRNM.
• Certificate in Adult Education preferred.
• Current BLS Instructor Certification required.
• Certificate in Infection Control or comparable experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge in program planning development and evaluation.
• Demonstrated strong nursing practice, skill and judgment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Application and Outlook.
• Minimum of two (2) years experience in Adult Education and/or knowledge of the principles of Adult Learning required.
• Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to communicate in more than one language would be considered an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job
• Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums
• Good work and attendance record
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Portage la Prairie, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-22