OverviewSouthern Health-Santé Sud Dietary Aide Part Time in Ste. Anne, MB
Southern Health-Santé Sud
Branch Ste. Anne MB CA
Ste. Anne, MB
Six (6) months previous experience working in food handling and/or health care food services Environment. Current Food Handler Training Certificate Level 1 or…
Reporting to the Director of Health Services, the Dietary Aide is responsible for the completion of assigned tasks in relation to the safe preparation, serving, and distribution of nutritious meals to clients. The incumbent is responsible for serving meals to the staff, washing dishes following proper sanitation safety guidelines and general cleaning duties. This is all in addition to following established standards, departmental/regional policies and procedures and government regulations and legislation. The incumbent will exercise the appropriate level of initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values; and the policies of Southern Health‐Santé Sud.
- Minimum Grade 10 education
- Current Food Handler Training Certificate Level 1 or equivalent Food Sanitation course or be willing to acquire a Food Handler Training Certificate in the first six (6) months of employment
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of all therapeutic and texture modified diets
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of sanitary food handling
- Six (6) months previous experience working in food handling and/or health care food services Environment
- Other suitable combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Demonstration ability to operate department equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Demonstrated ability to handle chemicals and cleaning supplies as per defines procedures
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal and written directions
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with others
- Demonstrated flexibility in approach to daily assigned tasks
- Good organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to lift items up to 1‐5 kg (2.2‐11 lbs) constantly, 6‐11kg (13.2 – 24 lbs) occasionally and 23 kg (50 lbs) seldomly
- Proficiency of both official languages is essential (English/French)
- Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums.
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job.
- Good work and attendance record.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Ste. Anne, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-04-02