OverviewSouthern Health-Santé Sud Chronic Disease Education Dietitian Part Time in Portage la Prairie, MB
Southern Health-Santé Sud
Branch Portage la Prairie MB CA
Chronic Disease Education Dietitian
Portage la Prairie, MB
Minimum of two (2) years experience as a Registered Dietitian working in a primary care setting in the area of community nutrition, chronic disease education,…
Reporting to the Regional Manager Primary Health Care, the Chronic Disease Dietitian is an integral member of the Primary Health Care team. The Chronic Disease Dietitian works collaboratively with team members to plan, deliver and continuously improve client-centered primary care services. The incumbent will promote strategies and provide services that focus on optimal health, prevention of disease and promotion of health with individuals, families, groups and communities. This will include strategies related to chronic disease self-management and the health behavior change model. The Chronic Disease Dietitian applies nutrition and dietetic theory, key knowledge and critical thinking skills to strive to improve the health of clients.
The incumbent will exercise the appropriate level of initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values; and the policies of Southern Health-Santé Sud.
Qualifications • Baccalaureate from an accredited University with a Major in Human Nutritional Sciences or equivalent.
• Dietetic Internship Certificate from an accredited program.
• Registered Dietitian; must be a registered member of the College of Dietitians of Manitoba (CDM).
• Membership with Dietitians of Canada recommended.
• Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) certification required within two (2) years of employment.
• Minimum of two (2) years experience as a Registered Dietitian working in a primary care setting in the area of community nutrition, chronic disease education, health promotion or primary care.
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively within a collaborative health care team
• Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to communicate in more than one language would be considered an asset
• Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job
• Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums
• Good work and attendance record
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Portage la Prairie, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-22