OverviewSouthern Health-Santé Sud Administrative Assistant – Quality, Patient Safety & Risk Full Time in Manitoba
Southern Health-Santé Sud
Branch MB CA
Administrative Assistant – Quality, Patient Safety & Risk
Reporting to the Regional Director Quality, Patient Safety and Risk the Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing duties to develop organize and…
Reporting to the Regional Director Quality, Patient Safety and Risk the Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing duties to develop organize and maintain confidential, highly sensitive and legally privileged records and databases within the portfolio. The incumbent(s) provide administrative support for quality improvement, patient safety and risk management initiatives. This includes working in collaboration with the Quality & Decision Support Analyst to maintain the accuracy of the regional databases and providing relevant training as needed.
The incumbent will exercise the appropriate level of initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values; and the policies of Southern Health-Santé Sud.
• Graduate of a recognized Administrative Assistant program
• Graduate of a Legal Assistant program an asset
• Minimum two (2) years previous administrative assistant experience in a specialized area
• Knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Programs
• Experience as a Legal Assistant would be an asset
• Experience in writing and proof reading
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills in English
• Demonstrated ability to type 60 words per minute
• Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team player with an ability to work independently and to be resourceful in seeking out information.
• Demonstrated effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Proficiency of both official languages (English/French) is essential for target and designated bilingual positions.
• Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper or electronic formats and other mediums.
• Demonstrated ability to meet physical and mental demands of the job
• Good work and attendance record
Conditions of Employment:
• Requires a valid Class 5 driver’s license, an all-purpose insured vehicle and liability insurance of at least $1,000,000.00
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-10-23