OverviewSOTI Inc. Product Manager Full Time in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
As the successful Product Manager you will be responsible for taking ownership of the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities,…
SOTI is committed to providing its employees with endless possibilities; learning new things, working with the latest technologies and making a difference in the world.
SOTI’s growth and success is a result of commitment to innovation through entrepreneurial culture and leadership. Employees are driven to make an impact, offer a unique value and most importantly, be part of a winning team. As the successful Product Manager you will be responsible for taking ownership of the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities, and you will become the customer advocate, delivering products that are easy to use and deliver significant value. If you are eager to utilize and apply your expertise and contribute your knowledge of newest technology trends, then this position offers great opportunity to make an impact, and a long-lasting career with SOTI.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits and phone calls to customers and non-customers
- Driving a solution set across development teams through the authoring of requirements and user stories. Daily interaction with software developers and testers.
- Work with Marketing to produce product collateral and sales tools
- Train both Sales Support and Technical Support in the use and operations of the product
- Occasionally support Sales team during the sale process including possible assistance in the demonstration and deployment of the product (typically only for large opportunities or key customers)
- Attend Industry Conferences and Trade Shows and make presentations as required
- Maintain current knowledge of competitive product positioning, feature sets and messaging
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Product Manager in an Enterprise Software company
- Good technical knowledge of IP related networks, architecture, design and management as it relates to telecommunications and managed hosting industries
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Demonstrated understanding of software development and product life cycle
- Excellent writing, communications, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Confidence and ability to interface professionally with a wide spectrum of customers
- Polish and professionalism in creating and delivering presentations and training sessions to a diverse set of groups, customizing messaging to suit the audience
- Ability to effectively conduct formal and informal training sessions or presentations.
- Solid multi-tasking and problem resolution abilities
- Ability to effectively and efficiently instruct and guide customers on-site, online, and via telephone is essential
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Quick learner with desire to learn new tools and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and partner effectively within and outside your immediate team to achieve desired business results
- Experience in agile software development methodology
MBA + Computer Science or Engineering degree a plus Understanding of data modeling, data warehousing and ETL processes a plus Solid understanding of the latest software technologies, trends and strategies Industry certifications a plus Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows Server experience a plus Completion of Pragmatic Marketing’s “Practical Product Management” course a plus Foreign languages a plus This position requires travel and tradeshow attendance (must maintain a valid passport at all times) . If you want to bring your ideas to life, apply at SOTI today.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31