OverviewSofina Foods QA Technician (6 months contract) Temporary in Brampton, ON
Branch Brampton ON CA
QA Technician (6 months contract)
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for the administration of Quality Assurance functions, as they…
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for the administration of Quality Assurance functions, as they relate to raw material and finished product testing, to achieve customer product specifications inclusive of routine microbiological testing and results analysis as well as general administrative duties.
- Conduct environmental swabbing (routine and Listeria) on plant equipment;
- Samples and conducts chemical tests on cures, raw materials, and finished products;
- Conduct routine microbiological testing, interpret and analyze results, sending samples out to accredited labs;
- Monitor the plant for GMPs, SOPs, personal hygiene, product handling for temperatures (raw materials, in process, or finished), storage, rotation, weights, shapes and other product specifications), as well as HACCP requirements;
- Daily sign off of HACCP prerequisite and CCP documentation, monthly onsite observations;
- Assist with investigation of consumer/customer complaints and processing deviations;
- Train staff in GMPs/SOPs as required.
- Post-secondary education in food related field of study;
- Knowledge of safe food handling, GMPs, food plant sanitation, HACCP;
- Technical knowledge of aseptic laboratory techniques and knowledge of laboratory equipment;
- Computer literacy: intermediate level spreadsheets, word processing, statistics, and internet;
- Analytical decision making and problem solving.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Brampton, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06