Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2017-03-31
Sofina Foods Inc. Shipper/Receiver Temporary in Edmonton, AB
Sofina Foods Inc.
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Responsible for providing effective customer service to all internal and external customers; 4 Temporary full time positions with a possibility for a regular…
4 Temporary full time positions with a possibility for a regular full time.
Hours of Work: various shifts between 05:00 am and 00:30 am
Days of Work: Monday-Friday
- Perform general physical activities in order to load, unload, sort and move shipments by hand or using material handling equipment;
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy of shipment;
- Pack, seal, and label materials to prepare for shipping;
- Perform tasks in multi-temperature environments;
- Adhere to shipping and receiving policies and procedures as well as all applicable Quality Assurance and Health and Safety policies and procedures;
- Accountable for conducting physical inventory counts for products, materials, and supplies;
- Responsible for providing effective customer service to all internal and external customers;
- Operate material handling equipment in safe manner; ensuring equipment is maintained and functional;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum one (1) year shipping/receiving experience;
- Must have forklift and power jack certification;
- Must be able to lift up to 25 kg;
- Computer knowledge and experience;
- Math skills and/or inventory counting experience;
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing;
- Key behavioral competencies include but are not limited to; organization communication, time management, team work, accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
- Frequent exposure to factors such as temperature variations or extremes, moving machinery, noise, and humidity that cause period of extreme discomfort.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $20.63 /hour
- shipping/receiving: 1 year