Sodexo – Physical Plant Services Custodian Fulltime Full Time in Wolfville, NS
Sodexo – Physical Plant Services
Branch Wolfville NS CA
Provision of setup and cleanup duties as assigned for movement of tables, chairs, staging, floor coverings, furniture and equipment for major events, major…
This position maintains the cleanliness of the University’s buildings, achieving Custodial cleaning standards to the highest ability deemed by Company standards and Client expectation levels. Executes priorities in coordination with Physical Plant Goals and Objectives. At all times, duties are to be performed using approved PPE and safety procedures.
- Usage of automated Custodial equipment: vacuums, auto scrubbers, floor polishers, burnishers, carpet extractors, pressure washers, and other automated equipment as required by management.
- Hi/low dusting, damp wiping, wall/window/ceiling washing, floor dust/damp/wet mopping, floor polishing, spot cleaning, vacuuming, carpet/furniture extracting, bonnet buffing, ice make-up/removal, stripping, finishing, linen removal, bed make up/take down, drape/curtain/blind removal, washroom and shower cleaning, waste removal, and other assigned cleaning duties of University physical assets as directed by management.
- Maintenance of proper supplies of soap, hand towels, and toilet tissue in all washroom receptacles.
- Provision of setup and cleanup duties as assigned for movement of tables, chairs, staging, floor coverings, furniture and equipment for major events, major cleaning assignments, and/or University functions.
- Provision of room service: making of beds/linen removal, supplying towels and glasses.
- Replacement of burnt out bulbs and fluorescent lights as required in assigned areas.
- Opening/closing of buildings, classrooms, etc., at assigned times; carrying of keys in assigned areas.
- Carrying of two way radios in order to facilitate interdepartmental communication, custodial response time, and completion of required duties in a timely manner.
- Movement of furniture and equipment within assigned building(s) or area(s) in order to provide normal custodial service.
- May be required to perform work in other buildings and areas as the need arises, or as assigned by management.
- Clearing of plugged sinks, drains, urinals, or toilets. When recommended procedures fail, report to Management staff or Physical Plant
- Snow shoveling, machine scrubbing and polishing of floors, shampooing, stripping, sealing and waxing of floors, washing ceilings and outside windows, training of coworkers and carries out setup, cleanup duties as assigned for movement of tables, chairs, staging, floor coverings, furniture and equipment for major events, major cleaning assignments and/or University functions.
Job Type: Full-time