OverviewSocial Worker – Integrated Support in Newmarket, ON
Branch Newmarket ON CA
Social Worker – Integrated Support
delivered by the Social Services Branch; developing… Social Worker Certificate of Registration with the College of Certified Social Workers and Social Services…
Reporting to the Supervisor, Early Intervention Services, is responsible for participating in the assessment and resolution of a diversity of complex issues facing clients in programs delivered by the Social Services Branch; developing and maintaining positive and cooperative partnerships in the Branch and between local community service providers and clients; and assisting individuals and their families to identify alternative service options and to obtain the most appropriate services to enable them to maintain their housing, employment and/or child care services.
• Successful completion of a University Degree in Social Work from an accredited university.
• Must hold a Social Worker Certificate of Registration with the College of Certified Social Workers
and Social Services Workers.
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a counselling position, working in the field of adult mental health, addictions and/or social services, complemented by demonstrated skills in identifying and resolving a diversity of social issues related to community services.
• Satisfactory Police Criminal Background Check.
• Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
• Thorough knowledge of social service and community development principles and practices.
• In depth knowledge of community and social agencies covering a wide range of programs and issues such as addictions, rehabilitation and counselling, child care, mental health, developmental disabilities, immigration and financial programs.
• Current knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and Regional programs.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management.
• Demonstration of Departmental competencies, including flexibility and adaptability, accountability, strategic thinking, innovation and creativity, and collaboration.
• Counselling skills in a variety of therapy modalities (e.g., CVT, BSF, narrative), crisis intervention, conflict resolution, mediation, group dynamics, effective facilitation and consensus building techniques, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven analytical and problem solving skills to make decisions and escalate as appropriate.
• Organizational and time management skills to set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications, as well as proficiency in word processing and presentation software.
• Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
0830 – 1630
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at www.york.ca by September 26, 2014, quoting competition #16227. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on York Region, please visit the above-mentioned website.
$40.45 – $43.97 per hour. This is a Union position.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Newmarket, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13