OverviewSobeys Transportation Coordinator Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Manage Third Party (Brokers) to ensure company standard requirements and policies are being adhered to. The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for…
Sobeys Inc. is a proudly Canadian company with 108 years in the food business. Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton’s Drug Stores as well as more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys’ purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for managing mechanics and third party services responsible for preventive maintenance and repairs of all trucks, trailers and equipment in the Sobeys fleet.
Key Business Functions, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Manage Third Party (Brokers) to ensure company standard requirements and policies are being adhered to
- Coordinate third party maintenance for the Sobeys Fleet
- Coordinate third party truck washing services
- Responsible for analyzing transportation rates/contracts for third party maintenance
- Follow preventative maintenance schedule on equipment
- Troubleshoot with drivers on equipment problems
- Assist in ordering parts as needed
- Check and inspect equipment for repairs
- Conduct annual commercial vehicle inspections on all equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment as per company requirements
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good working knowledge of trailer repair methods
- Must exhibit methodical work habits
- Must be contentious and able to attain all pre-set work deadlines
Educational and Working Experience:
- Certified journeyman mechanic
- Two or more years related experience
- Previous truck and trailer repair experience
- RSC environment
- May be required to lift up to 88 lbs
- Physical work including frequent bending, lifting, and reaching
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Possible exposure to extreme temperatures
- Various shifts including evenings and weekends
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11