OverviewSobeys Summer Student Program 2018 Temporary in Stellarton, NS
Branch Stellarton NS CA
Summer Student Program 2018
Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills. A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in…
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton’s Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys’ purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys corporate offices in Stellarton, NS are currently recruiting college/university students for our 2018 Summer Student Program . This Program offers a number of summer student positions (from May – August) for current college/university students as well as recent/upcoming graduates who have just recently graduated in 2018.
Working in the Sobeys corporate offices, summer students will have an opportunity to develop skills in an office environment, acquire valuable work experience, and gain exposure to a large national company. Opportunities exist in a variety of departments.
- Currently enrolled in a Community College or University program, with at least the first year of studies completed, and returning to full-time college/university studies in September 2018 or a recent 2018 graduate.
To be a good fit to a corporate position with Sobeys you also have:
- Demonstrated a strong commitment to customer service
- The ability to work in a team environment and contribute to the overall success of the group
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and are able to relate well to others
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- The ability to adapt, prioritize tasks, maintain focus, and understand and resolve issues
- The desire to improve processes, think broadly, and show drive and initiative
- Computer skills in MS Office
Please ensure you include the following information in your application:
- Your school name, program of study, major, and graduation date
- Copy of your unofficial transcripts
- Your work and volunteer experience
- Your experience/skill in various computer programs
- Any unique skills or qualifications you may have
- Any scholarships you have received
- Your interest in a particular type of work/department (i.e.: Finance, Merchandising, Marketing, Human Resources, Information Technology, etc…)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Stellarton, NS, CA
Posted on: 2018-03-15