OverviewSobeys Specialist, Deli – 12 Month Contract (Eastern Ontario) 1 Temporary in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Specialist, Deli – 12 Month Contract (Eastern Ontario) 1
Participate in development programs and provide feedback for alternatives and creative solutions. Is a proudly Canadian company with 108 years in the food…
Sobeys Inc. is a proudly Canadian company with 108 years in the food business. Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton’s Drug Stores as well as more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys’ purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better .
All career opportunities will be open a minumum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys mission is to help Canadians Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better . As part of our Operations team, you will have a direct impact on our mission, and will play a part in bringing the best food offering to our customers.
The Deli Specialist will provide training and on-going coaching for department-specific merchandising programs and task skills. The Specialist will also assist in the development of training programs that support implementation of commercial programs. This role will be supporting the Eastern Ontario region.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
• Participate in development programs and provide feedback for alternatives and creative solutions
• Support department development and performance through targeted training, coaching and follow-up
• Make all preparations for training programs and classes
• Attend, train and evaluate training programs
• Perform quality and adherence checks during store visits
• Check merchandising plans and requirements
• Use pre-determined metrics to measure level of implementation and financial results of programs
• Suggest continuous improvement ideas to merchandising from follow-up
• Conduct needs assessment on non-compliance
• Participate in training required at new stores/ renos
• Update department training manuals as required to reflect current programs and standards
• Identify and assess training gaps
• Ensure all applicable company policies and procedures are communicated and adhered to
• Responsible for ensuring that OH&S, Food Safety, and other regulatory requirements and procedures, are implemented and maintained
• React to areas where there are problems with program implementation
• Provide ‘as needed’ one-on-one coaching and development for service mgrs when requested
• Support continuous development of department employees during training and store visits
What your resume will demonstrate to us:
• Proficient use of the Microsoft Office suite
• Aptitude for understanding new technologies
• Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
• University Degree or College Diploma
• Three years related produce merchandising, store operations or retail experience
• Broad-based merchandising experience
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge. We will be contacting only those who will be selected to interview.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan (based on company performance)
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-08