OverviewSobeys Retail Specialist – Meat & Seafood Full Time in Stellarton, NS
Branch Stellarton NS CA
Retail Specialist – Meat & Seafood
This role services Northern Nova Scotia and PEI, travelling on a frequent basis (estimated at 80-90% travel), therefore the successful candidate will be able to…
Do you have a passion for food retailing, and enjoy sharing your knowledge with others? We currently have an opportunity for a Retail Specialist, Meat & Seafood to join the Atlantic Full Service Format Operations team for a 12 month term.
The role requires an enthusiastic individual who takes satisfaction in coaching others to success. The successful applicant will assume responsibility for inspiring our stores Meat & Seafood Managers and lead them in the delivery of our Sobeys mission to help Canadians eat better, feel better and do better .
Reporting to the Lead Specialist, Produce, Floral, Meat & Seafood within the Atlantic Full Service Operations department of Sobeys, in this role you will provide leadership, training and on-going coaching to the store with the day-to-day operations and launches of new programs. You will also assist in the development of training programs that support implementation of commercial programs.
You will serve as an advisor to Meat and Seafood Managers. You will collaborate with the Lead Specialist in the ideation, pilots and curriculum of all new and existing programs to ensure impeccable training and development of the store teams to drive success. You will also provide department expertise to Leads and Centers of Excellence from a technical, training and leadership perspective and will contribute to the store feedback loop to ensure leadership is always connected to the business and aware of store concerns. You will establish disciplines around store visits, documentation, training and leadership to support stores in their development, and activity contribute to the succession planning process through employee evaluations, feedback and working sessions to ensure we have our talent pools in place at all times.
Please Note: This role services Northern Nova Scotia and PEI, travelling on a frequent basis (estimated at 80-90% travel), therefore the successful candidate will be able to work from our Stellarton office, or a home office within this district.
What you’ll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Participate in development programs and provide feedback for alternatives and creative solutions
- Support department development and performance through targeted training
- Update department on quality, process and procedures as required to reflect current programs and standards
- Perform quality and adherence checks during store visits, as well as checking merchandising plans and requirements
- Suggest continuous improvement ideas to merchandising from store visits
- Use pre-determined metrics to measure success of implementation and financial results of programs
- Ensure all applicable company policies and procedures are communicated and adhered to
- React to areas where there are problems with program implementation
- Ensure that OH&S, Food Safety, and other regulatory requirements and procedures, are implemented and maintained
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of related experience in Store Management, merchandising, operations or retail, focusing on the food industry
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Effective coach and mentor
- Proven experience leading and developing others and producing results through people
- Strong knowledge of store operations and skills (business acumen)
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Strong analytical ability
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel, is required
- Driver’s licence and the ability to travel frequently (80-90%)
- Strong experience in Meat
- Undergraduate degree/college diploma in Business or a related field
- Broad based Merchandising experience
- Direct experience with design and delivery of training
- Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system
- Bilingual (French & English)
If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you’re the most qualified applicant for the role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge. We will be contacting only those who will be selected to interview.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge. We will be contacting only those who will be selected to interview. We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Stellarton, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18