OverviewSNC-Lavalin Project Management Assistant – Summer Student Contract in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Project Management Assistant – Summer Student
Enrolled in a related university level post-secondary program in engineering. SNC-Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada’s leading…
SNC-Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada’s leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
Our team members across the country and the globe deliver superior service to every one of our clients. Our people are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.
Job Description This position reports to the Director of Project Management and assists project managers with daily office duties, coordination and reporting.
This is a summer student position until the end of August 2015. The successful candidate must be returning to school in September.
- Assist the Project Manager in coordinating project specifications, including the development of scope of work for tenders, format and edit specs.
- Assist the Project Manager with security clearance applications for contractors.
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing bid invitations and coordinate bid submissions.
- Assist in the evaluation of sub-trade bids.
- Assist in the preparation and processing of sub-trade contracts.
- Assist in the preparation and coordinate contract and sub-contract change requests and change orders.
- Coordinate the submission and review of operating and maintenance manuals.
- Coordinate Operations and Maintenance Manuals at project close out.
- Assist the Project Manager with assembling monthly reports for projects as required.
- Respond to and track correspondence received including meeting minutes, Change Orders, Site Instructions, Owner’s Instructions, Shop Drawings and Drawing Log, as appropriate.
- Coordinate with the design consultants.
- Enrolled in a related university level post-secondary program in engineering.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Bilingualism is a definite asset.
- Able to obtain required security clearance.
Additional Information All candidates are welcome to apply; however, preference will be given to local candidates.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23