OverviewSNC-Lavalin NDT Technician Level 2 Full Time in Paradise, NL
Branch Paradise NL CA
NDT Technician Level 2
Proficient in reading and interpreting P&ID’s, isometric and structural drawings; SNC-Lavalin Industrial Atlantic Inc….
SNC-Lavalin Industrial Atlantic Inc. is an ISO 9001 Company and a leading provider of Inspection and Quality services to the offshore oil and gas industry and natural resource sectors. Operating from its head office in Paradise, NL, CANADA, SNC-Lavalin has successfully executed onshore and offshore projects around the world including, southeast Asia, West Africa, western Canada’s oil sands, south America, UK, Europe and Middle East.
Due to ever expanding operational requirements, we have immediate openings for two Level II NDT Technicians with a minimum of UT Level 2 and CWB Level 1 or 2 requirements. Activities will take place in an offshore environment.
The NDT Technician reports directly to the Inspections Services Manager. The role is to provide value-added information and technical expertise to the inspection process.
- Inspector must possess in depth knowledge of inspection practices and certification process;
- Carry out non-destructive testing on plant, equipment or structures in a safe, effective and timely manner;
- Assess the integrity and safety of equipment and make sound judgment with regards to the suitability of the equipment and it’s intended use;
- Perform equipment setup and calibration to comply with industry and company standards;
- Perform Non-destructive examinations/tests to assess quality condition and/or identify defects;
- Follow industry standards for the complete an accurate examination;
- Produce detailed reports of inspections, clearly identifying the scope of the inspection and any defects or anomalies found;
- Ensure that all findings are brought to the attention of the appropriate personnel and when required communicate findings to client at the field location;
- Maintain inspection equipment in good condition, ensuring equipment that requires routine re-calibration or testing is kept up-to-date;
- Peruse work scope for each job to ensure familiarity with the work to be performed;
- Assess personal qualifications to verify compliance with the work scope and client requirements;
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of all personnel by using systems and methods of work that are, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risk to health or the environment;Advise the Inspection Services Manager or Inspection Engineer of inconsistencies between work practices and written documents.
- CGSB Level II certification is required in various NDT methods (MT, PT, UT,RT, ET, and Visual);
- Certifications in API 510, API 570, CWB Level 2 and IRATA Rope Access would also be an asset;
- 5 – 7 years of inspection experience in an offshore enviroment;
- High school diploma required (or equivalent experience);
- Experience (encompassing continuous learning) in the offshore oil and gas industry or technical equivalent;
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory codes and standards;
- Proficient in inspection techniques and methodologies applicable to the certifications pertaining to the individual’s job classification;
Proficient in reading and interpreting P&ID’s, isometric and structural drawings; Working knowledge of computing software in a Microsoft environment; Knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS); Proficiency in the processes and procedures applicable to an ISO 9000 environment; Awareness of and appreciation for the process of Continuous Improvement; Strong interpersonal skills, ability to recognize and resolve conflict. Additional Information Pay rates are competency-based and determined according to the regulations set by the collective agreement in place. Wages go from $763.05 – $867.46 per day, pending qualifications and experience; Terms of employment: Temporary or Permanent position Work schedule: 12 hours per day; Rotations are 3 and 3; Business address: 20 Maverick Place, Paradise, NL, CANADA, A1L 0J1; Our Company offers a progressive benefits package; including offshore uplifts while working offshore, health and dental coverage and a Registered Retirement Savings Plan based on terms of employment. Internal training is provided to enhance the business’ inspection requirements. While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Worker Type Employee Job Type Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Paradise, NL, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11