OverviewSNC-Lavalin Highway Maintenance Operator Contract in Hanwell, NB
Branch Hanwell NB CA
Highway Maintenance Operator
They head a team that includes a number of New Brunswick companies that are involved in a range of design, construction, operations and maintenance roles….
Brun-Way Highways Operations Inc. is responsible for the operation, maintenance and rehabilitation of 275 kilometres of highway from the Quebec Border to west of Fredericton, and between Woodstock and the US border, until 2033.
The Brun-Way partners bring together international experience and local knowledge. They head a team that includes a number of New Brunswick companies that are involved in a range of design, construction, operations and maintenance roles.
This position is responsible for operating a variety of equipment and performing manual labor required to maintain the highway and right-of-way assets to ensure conformance of the designated section of the highway with required OMR standards and contractual requirements.
- Operate highway vehicles, including snow plow and materials spreader trucks in the winter season, for maintaining the travelled highway surfaces in safe condition according to OMR standards and contractual requirements
- Operate and maintain a variety of highway maintenance equipment (including loaders, tractors, small power equipment, and power tools) required to repair and maintain all highway roadway and corridor assets according to OMR standards and contractual requirements
- Perform general manual labour required to maintain and repair the highway and related corridor assets (including litter removal, traffic control, grass cutting, drainage facilities, signs and related damages, spring debris clean-up, etc)
- Perform equipment operations and manual labour duties related to preventive maintenance of highway assets (including bridge components, pavement running surfaces, and drainage facilities)
- Perform planned and emergency traffic control signing and services, and assist in accident response and site clean-up, in compliance with Provincial Traffic control regulations
- Prepare daily work records of activities and accomplishments, including equipment operating times and vehicle performance
- Assist in routine vehicle and equipment maintenance and repairs
- Assist in yard maintenance and general good house-keeping clean-up practices
- Assist with annual facilities inspection activities for the highway asset management system
- Required to work scheduled rotating shifts during Winter Operations
- May be asked to work at different locations along the Facility (from Long’s Creek to Quebec Border)
- Minimum 2 years’ previous job-related experience preferred
- General knowledge of highway operations and working experience with various types of vehicles and equipment used in road maintenance activities is preferred
- Valid driver license with commercial vehicle endorsement (with air brake).
- Clean driving record
- Proven work performance related to attention to detail, timeliness and organization
- Attention to detail with a focus on accuracy, efficiency and compliance with defined standards
- Good personal documentation and problem solving
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of workplace health and safety
- Ability to deal with the public in a calm, patient and professional manner.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Hanwell, NB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-01