OverviewSNC-Lavalin Construction Scheduler Contract in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Preparation and regular updating of detailed precedence co-ordination schedules by package and facility. SNC Lavalin’s Oil & Gas business unit is currently…
SNC Lavalin’s Oil & Gas business unit is currently seeking Construction Scheduler to join the Project Controls team.
The purpose of this role is to establish and maintain all project scheduling functions, systems and procedures to assure definition, determination of schedule status and progress, and analysis of schedule trends for effective project management.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities include:
- Review Scheduling requirement with the Controls Manager.
- Review Construction Schedules with the Site Construction Manager
- Maintain and report on all Construction Schedules
- Prepare all scheduling input to Monthly Progress Report.
- Prepare and regularly update Project schedule in collaboration with Area Managers.
- Maintain work package Scope Dictionary for each contract package including description of work, key milestones, interfaces and Owner-supplied equipment and material.
- Preparation and regular updating of detailed precedence co-ordination schedules by package and facility.
- Provide all required schedule information (milestones, interfaces, durations) for all contract packages to ensure proper evaluation of quotations, comparison to target schedule and progress reporting.
- Prepare all man-hour (engineering, direct and indirect construction) loading distribution in collaboration with Area and Functional Managers.
- Ensure proper co-ordination with Site in definition of contract timelines.
- Report schedule progress at weekly schedule status reviews and to raise all areas of concern in timely and well-documented manner. To prepare schedule trends and formulate workaround and corrective action plans where required.
- Develop all project man-hour reporting requirements in conjunction with Project Controls Manager to ensure proper transfer of actual spent engineering man-hours to PM+ module.
- Complying with all Company and departmental policies and procedures including all Health, Safety, and Environment policies.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
- Demonstrating behavior that reflects professionalism and respect, and represents SNC-Lavalin’s best interests.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in similar role.
- Experience in working in a team of Planner/Schedulers.
- Exposure to Schedule Risk Analysis on Major EPC Projects.
- Experience with LSTK and Reimbursable contracts.
- Proficient with Primavera and MS Office suite of Programs.
SNC Lavalin – a leader in Engineering and Construction is actively recruiting the best and the brightest people who are truly passionate about what they do. This is your chance to showcase your talents and skills by joining our project teams worldwide.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23