OverviewSNC-Lavalin Construction Engineer, Means and Methods Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Construction Engineer, Means and Methods
Degree in Engineering. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering and construction firm.”….
Construction Engineer- Means and Methods
At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering and construction firm.”
- Join our industry leading Infrastructure team
- Seize the opportunity to work on major projects that improve the quality of life
- Build stronger communities and grow your career in an environment that encourages innovation and delivers excellence
- Work in challenging and rewarding roles in Canada’s greatest cities: Montreal, Vancouver or Toronto
- Our Infrastructure Construction Division in Vancouver is looking for a Bridge Construction Engineer- Means and Methods, to join our growing team.
To perform this role successfully, the Bridge Construction Engineer- Means and Methods will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Have a thorough understanding of the safety requirements for construction, specifically for Civil Works.
- Complete a Project Schedule if required. Supervise the completion of a Project Schedule by others.
- Draw up definitions and detailed specifications of tasks and sub-tasks or supervise their drafting by other resources if requested.
- Develop Work Plans (Work Methods) as required or supervise the development of Work Plans for a given item of work on the project.
- Perform all the necessary engineering verifications and calculations necessary for the methodology to be implemented.
- Supervise and verify the drafting describing the methodology to be implemented.
- Summarize and clarify in a manual all methodology activities, clearly identifying the show stoppers (if any). Transfer inside the manual all useful data derived by analyses performed by others.
- Ensure that the operational people on site receive all useful data in form of work plans, manuals and drawings.
- Identify technical problems and make the necessary technical decisions
- Complete formwork design as required or supervise the development of formwork design.
- Complete Lift Plans for Cranes or supervise the development of lift plans by others.
- Define the materials or services to be purchased for construction tasks within the allocated resource budget, in conjunction with the Project Engineer.
- Develop Scope documents for subcontractors and suppliers or supervise the development of Scope documents by others.
- Assist in the technical design necessary for the purchase and/or construction of temporary works.
- Participate in meetings to examine and, if necessary, audit the technical design, and take part in technical examinations with the Client.
- Complete on-site inspections of Temporary and Permanent Works or supervise others during these inspections.
- Have a basic understanding of Project Costs.
- Complete Cost Coding of Time Cards or supervise others completing this task.
- Have a thorough understanding of construction productivity and how they are affected by engineering and planning.
- Degree in Engineering
- You have at least 10 years of experience;
- Proven experience on Design-Build, P3 projects
- You know the principles of processes and equipment used to construct overpasses and preferably complex bridges;
- You can use Office tools (Word, Excel, Primavera and Access) and AUTOCAD (or any other plan creation software)
Competencies (Individual Contributor)
Collaboration across BU/Functions/Regions
- Develops partnerships with other teams, groups and business units, including external partners and ensures others do the same.
- Nurtures key internal and external contacts/networks.
- Deals sensitively with all forms of diversity.
- Works collaboratively and shares information with other departments, and ensures others do the same. Drive Business/Project Execution
- Undertakes the review of business/project requirements and informs others of related demands.
- Thinks of several possible explanations or alternatives for a situation, anticipates potential obstacles, and develops plans to overcome them.
Manages time and resources effectively to accomplish tasks and to plan one’s work. Takes and drives accountability for self and team. Delivers high quality results with rigor and excellence. Ethics and Compliance Behaves in a manner consistent with SNC-Lavalin’s corporate values and the Ethics & Compliance Program (ECP). Considers different ethical aspects of a situation when making decisions. Encourages and actively drives dialogue, learning and commitment on controversial issues surrounding ECP. Initiates prompt action in cases of unethical or non-compliant behaviour. Takes a stand for unpopular but necessary issues. Health, Safety, Security and Environment Always ensures compliance with HSSE standards. Shares important HSSE information with their team and develops their HSSE skills through instructions and support. Manages reactions to situations professionally and calmly. Promotes HSSE principles and practices while designing sustainable business solutions. Internal/External Client Focus-Professionals Understands their client base and requirements. Identifies and implements ways to improve the client experience and meet business needs. Monitors trends; responds quickly and effectively to client feedback. Considers the impact on the client/stakeholder/project when taking action. Keeps clients up-to-date with information and decisions affecting them. People and Team Development-Professionals Identifies own strengths and weaknesses. Establishes personal development and career goals. Shifts priorities, changes style and responds with new approaches as needed to meet team goals. Supports others in their development by sharing knowledge and expertise. Seeks out stretch goals to support one’s development. Worker Type Employee Job Type Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24