OverviewSNC-Lavalin Building Technician Contract in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel required. Working knowledge of environmental, mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems for office…
Building Technician in Apply with LinkedIn ®
Req Number NA04431
Sector of Activity Operations & Maintenance
Job Type Fixed Term
Area of Expertise Operations and maintenance
Company Summary Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
Summary of Position Managing office, industrial and retail assets in excess of 38M square feet, Arcturus provides a comprehensive scope of real estate management services through our committed team of over 500 geographically dispersed professionals. As an industry leader in integrated third party real estate management solutions, Arcturus has the experience and expertise to effectively manage our clients’ real estate through an innovative and collaborative management methodology.
Our promise to our clients is to deliver an integrated suite of real estate services with the highest level of customer service available to help our clients capitalize on the performance of their real estate assets.
Arcturus Realty Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin O&M Inc. (TSX: SNC).
Summary of Position This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
The successful candidate is responsible for the effective operation of the environmental, mechanical and electrical operational systems including but are not limited to heating, air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing, major refrigeration systems, electrical lighting and distribution, and water treatment.
- Perform the scheduled preventive maintenance and general maintenance on the mechanical/electrical systems, HVAC systems and life safety equipment.
- Provide excellent customer service to tenants.
- Monitor the environmental and protection systems for buildings.
- Comply with all Occupational Health and Safety legislation, guidelines, standards, policies, procedures and practices.
- Certificate in HVAC, Mechanical or Building Technician required
- Minimum of 5 years of preventative building maintenance experience required
- Working knowledge of environmental, mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems for office and warehouse facilities, including DDC systems required
- Experience in large scale building operations and maintenance is preferred
- Ability to make effective technical decisions in emergency situations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with a strong customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel required
- Must be willing and able to work after hours and weekends as required and to be available for standby rotation to respond to afterhours service requests
- Ability to obtain security clearance is required
Additional Information All candidates are welcome to apply. However, preference will be given to local candidates.
This is a temporary position up to December 31st, 2015 with a possibility of extension based on business needs.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24