Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-05-24
SMS Equipment Inc. Warehouse Technician Full Time in Fort McMurray, AB
SMS Equipment Inc.
Branch Fort McMurray AB CA
Fort McMurray, AB
Unloading and Receiving incoming goods, checking goods against incoming bill of lading, and noting shortages or damages….
Reporting to the Parts Supervisor this position ensures that all Branch incoming and outgoing material shipments are processed in a timely and accurate manner. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Unloading and Receiving incoming goods, checking goods against incoming bill of lading, and noting shortages or damages
- Assembling shipment orders by picking goods and materials, preparing freight for outgoing shipments, and loading shipments for transport
- Completing and entering all required shipping and receiving documentation
- Ensuring inventory is tagged and organized correctly
- The successful candidate will possess a minimum High School Diploma and 1-3 years of industry related experience. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered. Other requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Highly motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to adhere to and maintain workplace health and safety initiatives
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong focus on providing valuable customer service
- Intermediate level of knowledge of MS Office Suite and computerized inventory systems is preferred
- Forklift training, WHMIS, and TDG training certification is an asset
- Materials Technician or other relevant trade certification is an asset
- Knowledge and prior experience with using an RF gun is preferred
This position is a 7 days on 7 days off rotation, working 12 hour days. The successful candidate will be required to enroll in a Materials Technician apprenticeship program once he/she is eligible.