OverviewSMS Equipment Inc. Technical Support Specialist, Shovels Full Time in Acheson, AB
SMS Equipment Inc.
Branch Acheson AB CA
Technical Support Specialist, Shovels
Provides customer support and service. Assists OEM’s and customers in the assembly, commissioning and service of equipment….
Position title: Technical Support Specialist – Shovels
Vacancies: 1 position
Under the direction of the Technical Support Manager, the Technical Support Specialist – Shovels supports business activities through specialized technical knowledge / equipment applications. Acting as a technical resource, contributes by providing a deeper understanding of equipment workings or applications, as well as of equipment limitations and non-traditional equipment usage. Serves as technical trouble shooter to customers after sales are closed and while equipment is being tested or installed.
Job duties: The position will provide full range of technical support services, including training, for the Komatsu Mining Hydraulic Shovels. As a technical specialist may have significant strengths/ expertise in one or more areas.
- Keeps up to date with equipment changes, developments and applications as related to service requirements involving industry procedures and standards.
- Investigates and resolves mechanical, hydraulic and electronic system problems by understanding and utilizing engineering standards, technical manuals, engineering prints and electronic test tooling.
- Writes and catalogs technical failure reports obtained from the field, offers equipment modification recommendations adding to the future improvement of company equipment.
- Assists in the establishment of technical standards for field and shop work.
2. Assists OEM’s and customers in the assembly, commissioning and service of equipment
- Provides technical service advice and information to customers and to OEM consultants.
- Responsible for gathering and documenting failure information pertaining to equipment specific, service and / or equipment related issues, design deficiencies, safety concerns and general maintenance problems that may periodically require follow-up.
- Provides product reliability, customer concerns and potential opportunity feedback to various departments within the company and OEM’s.
3. Provides customer support and service
- Acts as a customer representative to SMS/Komatsu and as the focal point for communication between customer, Komatsu and SMS.
- Provides equipment support and follow-up as required in the areas of operational performance problems, technical issue resolution and all relevant matters as required.
- Provides assistance in negotiating warranty claims and the handling of controversial equipment claims to settlement. Explores alternative solutions that will result in satisfying both sides.
- Maintains goodwill policy toward customers and OEM’s at all times.
4. Training Responsibilities
- Ensures all staff and customers exercise safe procedures and practices in the operation of equipment.
- Provides training to SMS personnel and customers; ensuring knowledge and competency in the maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Assembles and teaches specific technical training courses relating to the Komatsu Hydraulic Mining Shovels supported by SMS and Komatsu; may develop other courses as required.
5. KMG Factory Campaigns
- Assist with FC warranty issues as required.
6. Branch Operations
- Review all Joyiful logs from Branches and provide support and follow up on unresolved issues.
- Provide remote troubleshooting assistance to branch onsite support staff and will travel to site location within 24 hours for unresolved issues.
- Provide liaison functions between SMS operations and OEM representatives.
- Provide warranty support for SMS branches and customers.
- Work with rebuild faculties involving quality, cost, product upgrades and cost reducing strategies.
Incumbent must be a seasoned equipment specialist with technical experience and training on significantly more complex equipment and large components.
Education – Equivalent to completion of technical certification in heavy equipment
Heavy Duty equipment certification required as per the provincial requirements in Alberta
A journeyman Red Seal is preferred
A strong engineering orientation is required with preference given to 7 – 10 years’ experience within the mining/construction industry. Experience in developing and teaching technical training courses would be an asset.
Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience with hydraulic shovels. Experience with Komatsu shovels is an asset.
The work requires a sound understanding of the underlying theoretical principles and concepts associated with the subject area and an understanding of the relation of these to the responsibilities of the position.
The ability to operate in a diverse environment with a significant focus on client and customer relations is essential to success in this role.
Must be computer literate and able to demonstrate proficiency in software application as required in the performance of job responsibilities.
Must possess excellent abilities; be able to consistently make intelligent decisions under pressure; possess good judgement, initiative, job attitude and be dependable.
Salary range: CAD$100,000 to $110,000 annually, with bonus
Benefits: Dental Benefits, Disability Benefits, Group Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Medical Benefits, Mileage Paid, RRSP Benefits, Vision Care Benefits, Bonus, Car Allowance and Other Benefits
Terms of employment: Permanent, full time position for 40 hours per week
Job location: 53113 Range Road 263A, Acheson, Alberta, T7Z 5A5
Business address: 53113 Range Road 263A, Acheson, Alberta, T7Z 5A5
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Acheson, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06