OverviewSmartCentres Assistant Project Manager Contract in Ottawa, ON
Branch Ottawa ON CA
Assistant Project Manager
Design & Construction. Project Manager /VP Construction. Understanding of construction drawings and specifications; Versed in the application of building codes;…
These are exciting times for Smart Real Estate Investment Trust (SmartREIT), one of the fastest growing fully integrated real estate organizations in Canada. Born of the merger of two leading companies, SmartREIT will be able to offer consumers over 30 million square feet of high quality, open format retail shopping centres from coast to coast. We are positioned for growth and are dedicated to continuing to provide Canadian consumers with the value-based shopping experience that they demand.
As a SmartREIT Associate, you will be working alongside some of the top real estate professionals in the industry in an exciting entrepreneurial environment that allows you to take ownership of your work and see projects through from concept to delivery. Our Associates exhibit the personal drive to challenge how we can make our success today even better tomorrow!
If you are ready to maximize your full potential, we are ready to ensure it happens.
· Career training and development opportunities
· Competitive compensation and incentive plans
· Comprehensive benefits package
· An engaging entrepreneurial people-focused culture
Title: Assistant Project Manager, (12 month contract)
Reports to: Project Manager /VP Construction
Department: Design & Construction
Assist with the management of various retail construction projects within the Portfolio. Assist with the overall project performance as related to costs, schedule, quality and customer service while adhering to Company policies and procedures.
• Enrolled in Engineering /Civil Engineering Technologist/Architectural, or related program;
Qualifications and Required skills/Experience:
• Co-op/internship experience in construction;
• Understanding of construction drawings and specifications;
• Knowledge of construction and technology methods;
• Versed in the application of building codes;
• Ability to prioritize workload;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and must possess the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of management within the Company as well as outside the organization;
• Proficient in MS Word, Project and Excel.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
The specific duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Participate in design meetings with architects and consulting team;
• Participate in project site meetings with Project Manager and Site Superintendent;
• Request quotations from suppliers;
• Assists in issuing purchase orders;
• Carry out all project’s contract administration in accordance with Company policies and procedures;
• Monitor project costs through change order and contract adjustment procedures;
• Follow up with general contractors for their weekly updated reports;
• Assist in preparing and process general contractor progress draws, subcontractor applications for payment and consultants and suppliers invoices in a timely manner;
• Assist in coordination with tenants during the construction phase;
• Establish effective working relationship with each tenant’s construction manager;
• Start to develop and maintain relationship with architects and engineers;
• Assist Project Manager with the resolution of project dispute in a timely manner;
• Complete project closeout documentation for archiving or transfer to Operations;
• Follow-up on deficiencies in a timely manner;
• General and administrative duties as required;
• Perform additional assignments/special projects per supervisor’s direction.
The Assistant Project Manager, must be client focused, advocate and communicate a positive image of the company, both internally and externally. The Assistant Project Manager, shall take accountability for decisions made and conduct oneself in a respectful and ethical manner in representing the company’s interests. The Assistant Project Manager, shall demonstrate entrepreneurialism and behave like an “owner” in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities; demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness in achieving desired results. The Assistant Project Manager, is expected to be a team player and work effectively with colleagues and associates in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goal.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18