OverviewSMART Technologies Inc. Procurement Coordinator Full Time in Calgary, AB
SMART Technologies Inc.
Branch Calgary AB CA
Assist with the supply and delivery from SMART’s global supply chain into SMART logistics centers. Purpose of the position….
Purpose of the position
Reporting to the Manager, Procurement and NPI, you will support clients in a strategic approach and manager operational delivery of procurement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the supply and delivery from SMART’s global supply chain into SMART logistics centers.
- Support the Supply Program Managers with communication, technical or commercial issues between OEM/ODM/CM suppliers and SMART’s operations team.
- Place purchase orders with SMART’s international supply chain and analyze demand to minimize shipments and reduce cost
- Be the Supply Chain resource for both Oracle and Agile systems and prime the resolution of transaction and systems issues
- Manage and provide detailed system reporting for “in-transit” inventory, “consigned” inventory and “E&O” inventory. Ensures that all transactions and reporting are aligned with financial and accounting systems and conforms to SOX requirements.
- Coordinates the resolution of performance problems with regard to delivery, quality, cost, technology or responsiveness.
- Liaises with Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance and Quality to ensure multi-disciplined resources are managed within the supply engagement cycle.
- Provides input to operations management on delivery, quality and costs risks and take ownership for actively managing these risks.
- Prepare, approve and issue purchase orders and change notices. Manage order confirmations ensuring purchase order receipt and data integrity in respect to price and quantity ordered. This applies to both direct and indirect spend items.
- Work with suppliers, accounting, receiving and quality to help resolve invoice and receipt discrepancies
- Manage Non Conformance Reports (NCRs) by working with quality and suppliers to ensure that corrective actions are followed through on and that appropriate compensation has been realized
- Build relationships with key suppliers
- Provide information in a timely manner as requested
- Performing other duties as required
Education and work experience
- Excellent negotiation skills and past experience with dealing with supplier contracts (OEM/ODM)
- Extensive knowledge of current and advanced manufacturing processes and systems.
- Strict adherence to timelines; deadlines
- Very customer focused
- Degree or diploma in business, purchasing, supply chain management, or a closely related field
- (2-5) years of solid experience in procurement, or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
- C.P.P. designation or near completion
- Competent in Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Knowledge of purchasing policies and practices in an outsourced supply model.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written). You must have a flexible schedule and be able to travel within North America
- Office-based role, fast-paced work environment
- Required to travel up to 25%
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2014-12-17