OverviewSkystone International In-line Inspection Pipeline Integrity Analyst Contract in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
In-line Inspection Pipeline Integrity Analyst
Supporting the in-line inspection (ILI) programs for clients, data analysis of ILI surveys and other related activities….
General Information We are a leading provider of integrity and safety services for the energy industry. Skystone is a full service provider of integrity programs, field inspection and emergency management services. We are expanding our organization and are looking for individuals to join our team who want to grow their career while helping us grow our business.
We are currently seeking a In-line Inspection Pipeline Integrity Analyst to join and contribute to our Engineering team.
Note: this can be an employment or contract position and can be based in Calgary or Edmonton depending on candidate preference.
- Supporting the in-line inspection (ILI) programs for clients, data analysis of ILI surveys and other related activities
- Assessment of pipeline features using deterministic and probabilistic methods
- Align customer’s inspection data and other pipeline integrity related information
- Generation and manipulation of centerline data in various data base structures using ARC GIS products
- Review ILI vendor provided data quality assessment feedback and determination of acceptance of ILI survey
- Receive, analyze and provide feedback on preliminary ILI data and provide project managers with assistance in evaluating data as needed
- Receive and analyze ILI vendor provided final in-line inspection surveys, perform quality control review, identify and communicate immediate and scheduled response conditions to relevant stakeholders
- Perform leak and rupture calculations for corrosion, crack and girth weld features
- Recommend digs for validation and remediation including planned repair method
- Maintain a database of ILI tool performance versus vendor supplied performance specifications
- Interact with various company departments including but not limited to Risk Engineering, Engineering Records, Project Management and field personnel to secure and provide data as necessary and support if necessary
- Provide training and technical support for operations personnel including but not limited to corrosion personnel and field engineers
Required Education and Experience
- Demonstrated experience with all the following tools: MFL-A,MFL-C, UTWM, UTCD, EMAT, Caliper and IMU technology
- Detailed understanding of various methods of pipeline integrity assessment methods including various types of in-line inspection tools, pressure testing and direct assessment
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of corrosion as related to the pipeline industry including internal, external and atmospheric corrosion
- Knowledge of general pipeline operations standards, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of non-destructive testing methods
- Experience evaluating in-line inspection surveys
- Advanced computer skills
- Ability and willingness to proactively perform all essential functions of the position including the Job Responsibilities and Job Requirements listed within this posting
- Provide clear, concise, timely and effective written and verbal communication to all internal and external customers with the discernment to consider the respective roles, knowledge and interests of each party
- Be effective, productive, accountable, motivated and unified in your focus to achieve the mission, goals and objectives of the group and the company
- Extended periods of sitting may be required for administrative duties
- Occasional travel to other field or corporate locations may be required depending on nature of ongoing work activities
- Must be willing and able to work in a corporate environment
Why Work with Us? Since 1998 we have been the leading provider of integrity and safety services for the energy industry. We are expanding across Western Canada and are looking for individuals to join our team who want to grow their career while helping us grow our business.
At Skystone, each individual has the opportunity to make a significant impact on the business. Our work environment is fast paced, dynamic and challenging, and we offer a supportive, respectful and positive work culture. We strongly encourage innovation, creativity, and continued personal development, and are always seeking individuals with strong leadership, team work and technical abilities.
We strive to provide a rewarding career experience for all our staff. From new grads up to a senior level executives, we want everyone to feel a part of the Skystone Synergy.
Some of our Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Benefit Program
- Regular office social events
- A fun and supportive culture
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Encourage continued education and knowledge sharing
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04