Employment Type: Freelance
Posted on: 2018-01-11
Sky Systems Inc Solution Integrator (System Engineer) ( 27390) Contract in Montréal, QC
Sky Systems Inc
Branch Montréal QC CA
Solution Integrator (System Engineer) ( 27390)
Ensure proper transition of solution to application support teams; Support Business analysts and Architects in the requirements gathering phase….
- In complex project where multiple solution areas/major components and technology are involved, the role consists of having the overall end to end design and integration responsibility of the solution.
- Depending on the level of technical components or functional components involved, we may have only a solution integrator, only a technical integrator or both working hand in hand to deliver the complete solution.
- The solution integrator is involved from A&P all the way to stabilization.
- The person is responsible for understanding all integrations points and their impacts on testing, deployment and stabilization activities.
- This person acts as a facilitator between all the different roles (FD, SA, BA, PM etc.).
- He/she is the glue between all the players in a complex and multi-layer project team.
- Support and collaborate with Architecture and Project Management to define solution and high-level plan;
- Participate in business requirements gathering workshops with the BA and leverage the business processes for designing the solution;
- Coordinate solution design, build and test activities with the various leads, satellite teams and external parties;
- Assess solution/environment readiness for progression to various delivery stages;
- Improve processes or methodology;
- Coordinate and escalate solution issues during delivery;
- Support Business analysts and Architects in the requirements gathering phase
- Liaison from Solution design to Architecture and with Solution providers (Vendor
- Support Architecture team in building the High-Level design architecture
- Lead the Solution Design process as per the Architecture High Level design
- Assume lead role in the solution delivery over the full project lifecycle.
- 4-6 years in software engineering lifecycle process / in GIS enterprise solutions;
- Have or acquire overall Solution and project knowledge coupled with a deeper understanding of specific detailed area of expertise;
- Ensure specifications approval & quality process adherence, traceability to Architecture and requirements;
- Work closely with multiple teams (including external vendors) to drive solution assurance reviews and acceptance in project delivery;
- Partner with project manager to identify and manage technical and solution gaps, risks and proactively mitigate potential impacts;
- Oversee test strategy plan, functional & nonfunctional coverage of business and technical requirements
- Ensure proper transition of solution to application support teams;
- Accountable for Detail Design documentation and presentation to Critical Design Review.
Job Type: Contract
- GIS enterprise solutions: 6 years
- Detail Design documentation,Presentation to Critical Design: 6 years
- software engineering lifecycle process: 6 years