Sky Systems Inc Senior Technology Integrator Contract in Montréal, QC
Sky Systems Inc
Branch Montréal QC CA
Senior Technology Integrator
CISCO, HPE , IBM Power, Appliances with bastardized Linux. This role is responsible for producing the integrated technology design and specifications at a…
- This role is responsible for producing the integrated technology design and specifications at a detailed level.
- This includes, defining test plans from an integrated perspective, executing the tests, contributing to the deployment plan and ensuring the successful installation of the integrated technologies.
- This role is also responsible for coordinating and guiding the technology build team, including system administrators and software administrators
- With today’s evolution of technologies, we are looking into specific skill sets like “Infrastructure as a Code” and “Software Defined Infrastructure” which translates to the ability to automated the deployment of a new Infrastructure into our existing Data Center.
- Client is facing multiple program projects which require a Linux Infrastructure Integrator.
- Resource need to be able to work in large corporate environment dealing with multiple groups to be able to provide the infrastructure integration for the project and respecting the client guideline into the existing infrastructure.
- Person need to be knowledgeable of Red Hat Satellite 6, Puppet/Ansible and Red Hat Linux Enterprise v7.
- Person need to have solid interpersonal skills and be autonomous.
- Capacity of writing technical documentation such as Blueprint, Build book, test plan and cut-over plan is a must.
- Define blueprint document of target environment, server deployment and configuration, assist in application installation, perform testing (HA, DR, acceptance),
- Contribute to the technical solution architecture by identifying the existing capabilities available by the technologies in place versus the need for the acquisition of new technologies
- Translate the technical solution architecture into a detailed infrastructure and technology components design. Ensure the tight integration of all the components.
- Define infrastructure and technology installation specifications including monitoring, high availability, virtualization, storage, backup and disaster recovery.
- Work in collaboration with the project manager to define work breakdown structure, estimate project effort and project schedule
- Guide the system administrators, software administrators, database administrators, data centre facility administrator and/or telecom integrators through the proposed technical design and specifications. Address any potential design or support issues with them.
- Produce test plans to test all infrastructure and technologies identified in the technical design. Conduct tests and log results. Determine appropriate resolution/solution through root-cause analysis and impact analysis
- Provide required hardware/software (Define/Order/Install)
- Implement the technology and apply standards (eg. SOX, security, project methodology, technology standards)
- Assist the application team in installing and integrating the application with the infrastructure
- Define the stabilization and knowledge transfer plans.
- Ensure that the transfer has been successful to the support teams.
- Define cut-over plan and execute
- Infrastructure Integration experience: +10 years
- Red Hat Linux with Satellite v6.x: +5 years
- RHEL Clustering Suite (Pacemaker) +5 years
- IBM-AIX +5 years
- Security Controls for Linux infrastructure components /appliances +3 years.
- Hardware: CISCO, HPE , IBM Power, Appliances with bastardized Linux.
- Operating skills; RHEL, AIX, PowerVM, VMware, Cointainers
- Security: KES, KDS, Cryptographic, system to system integration, Identity Management security with Kerberos/LDAP with SOC/SIEM.
- Knowledgeable of Red Hat Satellite 6.x with an automation mind set such as DevOPs (Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet).
- Added value; knowledgeable of Openshift, Kubernetes, Docker Entreprise.
Job Type: Contract
- CISCO, HPE , IBM Power, Appliances with bastardized Linux: 8 years
- Infrastructure Integration: 10 years
- IBM-AIX: 8 years
- RHEL, AIX, PowerVM, VMware, Cointainers: 7 years
- Openshift, Kubernetes, Docker Entreprise: 6 years
- Red Hat Linux with Satellite: 6 years
- RHEL Clustering Suite (Pacemaker): 7 years
- Security Controls for Linux infrastructure components: 5 years
- Security: KES,KDS,Cryptographic,system to system integration: 6 years
- Red Hat Satellite 6.x with DeVops (Jenkins,Ansible,Puppet): 6 years
- Security: Identity Management security,Kerberos/LDAP,SOC,SIEM: 7 years