OverviewSkills Ontario Liaison Officer Full Time in York, ON
Branch York ON CA
Organizing events to bring together local skilled trades professionals and youth; Prior knowledge of and/or experience with skilled trade and technology…
Skills Ontario –
Skills Ontario is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting careers in the skilled trades and technologies to Ontario youth through a variety of programs and competitions across the province. Our employees enjoy a casual work environment, flexible schedules and a real opportunity to make a difference!
Skills Ontario welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
LIAISON OFFICER York-Simcoe Region
FULL TIME (35 HOURS/WEEK)
$20.00/HOUR + GROUP EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
The successful candidate will inform and inspire young people about the first-choice career opportunities that exist in the skilled trades and technologies, through the following activities:
- Booking and facilitating presentations to promote awareness of career opportunities in the skilled trades and technologies
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with school boards and other stakeholders
- Organizing events to bring together local skilled trades professionals and youth; including managing student recruitment, organizing venue logistics, etc.
- Facilitating other events and programs as required (e.g. summer camps, cardboard boat races)
- Other duties as assigned
The incumbent will be based out of a satellite office in Woodbridge. They will be responsible for delivering programming within the York-Simcoe area (Simcoe County District School Board, Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board, York Catholic District School Board and York Region District School Board). Occasional travel to other areas of Ontario is also required.
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience in delivering workshops/presentations; experience presenting to youth is an asset
- Prior knowledge of and/or experience with skilled trade and technology occupations is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to make outbound calls and visits
- Experience in coordinating and delivering events
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Willingness to travel as required
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle is required; reimbursement is paid for travel
- Post-Secondary Graduate or equivalent experience
- Fluency in French is an asset but not strictly required
The normal working hours are from Monday to Friday, 8:30AM to 4:30PM with exceptions.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in working with Skills Ontario in this capacity, send a resume and cover letter in PDF format outlining how you meet the specific requirements of the position to Emily Collard, [email protected] . Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Skills Ontario, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy environment for all youth. As such, the selected candidate will be required to submit references and a vulnerable sectors–criminal records check.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21