OverviewSite Supervisor in London, ON
Branch London ON CA
of security solutions, specializes in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and… 2 years of relevant security experience. College…
G4S, the world’s leading provider of security solutions, specializes in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. From risk assessment to delivery, we work in partnership with governments, businesses and other organizations to provide integrated solutions to security challenges. Our heritage goes back over a century and, with 630,000 employees, we are one of the largest private employers in the world. G4S plays an important role in society. We make a difference by helping people to operate in safe and secure environments where they can thrive and prosper.
We are presently recruiting for a Site Supervisor
Location: London Ontario
Scope: The Site Supervisor shall function as the shift team leader and will report to the Operations Manager.
Duties and responsibilities:
These responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform all the work of this scope, including supervision, patrol rounds, guardhouse monitoring, access control, person escort, coordination, weigh scale operations, emergency response, and some administrative work.
- Responsible for scheduling security staff to ensure adequate coverage at all times
- Ensuring all security guards are performing their work responsibilities and maintaining assigned posts;
- Managing conflicts and/or providing corrective actions as required;
- Maintaining training records for their team.
- Administering the Contractor’s safety program;
- Completing follow-up documentation;
- Managing the supplies (including first aid supplies) and equipment for their team;
- Managing post orders;
- Updating procedures manuals including the Emergency Procedures manual.
- Preparation and maintenance of Post Orders.
- Conducts all Performance Appraisals for direct reports in a timely and equitable manner.
- Represents and promotes G4S interests both internally and externally.
- Willing to undertake all training required by G4S and Client.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a senior supervisor/services role preferred at an industrial site or similar operation; Formal leadership training.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant security experience.
- College Certificate/ Diploma or Degree in related field is an asset
- Must have a valid Security Guard License for the Province of Ontario
- Ability to pass a Level II Secret Clearance
- Excellent leadership, motivational, and administrative skills;
- Effective communication, personnel development, planning and organizational skills;
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with employee groups and builds partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to implement performance management with direct reports.
- Basic understanding and comprehension of financial concepts and terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to use Conflict Resolution skills.
- Facilitation/presentation abilities.
- Fully qualified to operate all equipment applicable to role.
- Ability to use office software programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of rotational shifts and site schedules.
- Business acumen, knowledge and experience to perform the responsibilities associated with this position.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: London, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-11