OverviewSisters of St. Joseph of Toronto Recreation Assistant Part Time in Toronto, ON
Sisters of St. Joseph of Toronto
Branch Toronto ON CA
The Recreation Assistant work under the direction of the Recreation Program Co-ordinator, planning and directing a variety of activities and special programs in…
SISTERS OF ST. JOSEPH
POSITION: Recreation Assistant – Part-time
DEPARTMENT: Care Centre
DATE OF POSTING: September 15, 2016
DATE REQUIRED: November 2016
HOURS OF WORK: 50 hours (approx.) per two-week period, includes every other weekend
RATE OF PAY: $22.694 – $24.834
JOB SUMMARY: The Recreation Assistant work under the direction of the Recreation Program Co-ordinator, planning and directing a variety of activities and special programs in which residents may participate for the maintenance, improvement and enrichment of their lives.
1. Graduate of a recognized Community College or University with an emphasis in Therapeutic Recreation or Gerontology.
2. Previous experience working with an elderly population with special emphasis in the area of cognitive impairment.
3. Demonstrated creativity and versatility in the preparation of a variety of resident activities.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to remain calm and polite at all times.
6. An interest in and/or skill in music would be considered an asset.
7. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
PROBATION: 337.5 hours
The Congregation of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Toronto values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources [email protected] or (416) 467-2635.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-22