Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2017-11-25
SimpleCare Inc. Early Childhood Assistant Temporary in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Early Childhood Assistant
Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts. Is now hiring _Early Childhood Assistants_ in Mississauga.*….
SimpleCare Inc. is now hiring Early Childhood Assistants in Mississauga.
Please apply if you are available for any shifts!**
- You would be responsible for educating, stimulating, influencing and caring for the children in a classroom environment.
- You will be maintaining a high quality environment, assessing, observing and looking after the individual needs of every child.
- You will be educating children in accordance to the designated curriculum model for their age group, maintaining open and honest lines of communication between parents and team members and always exemplifying integrity.
- These shall be done in accordance with the mission statement of SimpleCare Inc.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Knowledge of the ELECT document coupled with the Ministry of Educations pedagogy of “How Does Learning Happen”
- Diligent in following all CCEYA polices and procedures including health and safety
- Display strong leadership and communication skills
- Professional, mature, warm, patient and nurturing
- Excellent written communication skills
- Be able to take initiative and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Diaper and feed Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
- Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors
- Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experienced Early Childhood Assistant and/or working with young children (Toddler/Preschooler)
- Experience working with special needs children an asset
- First Aid/CPR Certificate (Standard First Aid)
- 2 Step TB Test , Immunization (Tetanus, MMR) up to date
- Police Record Check – Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Must be able to work in Mississauga
Please apply only if you have the above requirements.
- Performance based Incentives
- Educational Opportunities for Early Childhood Educators and Early Childhood Assistants
- Gain Experience while working with children in a Daycare setting
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent