OverviewSilverBirch Hotels & Resorts Outlets Manager Temporary in Edmonton, AB
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Understands that Customer Service is of the highest priority with active interaction with guests on an on-going basis;…
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a Full-Time, Temporary Outlets Manager at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton South in Edmonton, AB.
The Outlets Manager is responsible to achieve revenue goals, profitability and quality service goals for the Food and Beverage Outlets (Atrium Restaurant and In-Room Dining) by executing marketing strategies, providing quality service to the customers and employing leadership and managerial skills effectively.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily operation all Food and Beverage Outlets ensuring proper coverage is scheduled by reviewing daily occupancy reports and banquet event orders for groups that have lunch in the Atrium Restaurant.
- Understands that Customer Service is of the highest priority with active interaction with guests on an on-going basis; ensure that staff is utilizing up selling techniques while providing customer service
- Work with the Executive Chef with menu design and costing
- Achieve budget forecasts and maintain a high standard of customer service
- Train staff to be star performers with full implementation of training programs and performance management
- Contribute to overall strategic goals, initiatives and objectives
- Achieve revenue and profit goals by developing and implementing strategies to increase revenue and control costs
- Meets all expectations outlined in Restaurant and In-Room Dining Operations Manuals
- Maximize productivity through proper budgeting, scheduling and cost control
- Ensure that all restaurant associates have obtained legislated certification i.e.: Food Smart and Pro-Serve certifications
- Ensure departmental adherence to and awareness of Health and Safety standards and procedures.
- Share in the responsibility to achieve financial, CSI and goals of the Food & Beverage Outlets
- Assume responsibility for all equipment, inventories, supplies, furniture and fixtures related to the Food & Beverage Outlets; including the cleanliness, repair, resolution of deficiencies and overall maintenance of the restaurant facilities.
- Manage performance for all associates according to hotel policies as required, including providing PPR performance reviews according to established deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
- A certificate/diploma/degree in Hospitality Management or equivalent
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a Manager in a food and beverage, high volume operation
- Can demonstrate strong leadership, motivational and training skills
- Proven track record in revenue growth, promotions and training
- Excellent guest, customer and employee relations skills
- Previous financial planning and forecasting experience
- Organized; detail-oriented; takes initiative
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in Food and Beverage menu creation
- Able to work a variety of shifts
- Ability to delegate tasks to team members and facilitate their completion.
- Ability to recognize and correct guest service issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated, creative, capable of working in a team environment
- Fast paced environment that is often demanding.
- Stand, walk and remain on feet and perform job duties for entire shift duration.
- Required to work weekends and evenings.
- Evening, weekend and holiday hours as required.
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
Sherry Scott, CHRP
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at [email protected] and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24