OverviewSilverBirch Hotels & Resorts Human Resources Coordinator Part Time in Victoria, BC
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
Branch Victoria BC CA
Human Resources Coordinator
Prepares orientation, on-boarding and other training materials as required. Birch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and…
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages a large portfolio of full-service, focused service and extended stay hotels across Canada. The company manages independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton and Radisson.
We are looking for a Part-Time, Permanent (4 days/ week) Human Resources Coordinator at the Harbour Towers Hotel and Suites in Victoria, BC.
Reporting to Human Resources Manager, this position is an exciting career opportunity for a Human Resources Coordinator to maintain good associate relations and maintain an open door policy. This position will be responsible for preparing and completing the payroll and benefits administration while providing support to associates and managers in a variety of human resources related issues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintains trust, confidentiality & integrity within the work environment.
• Completes and coordinates the payroll and benefits administration processes in a timely manner.
• Reconciles WCB, MSP premiums and adjustments.
• Prepares orientation, on-boarding and other training materials as required
• Administers and coordinates the recruitment process by posting positions, applicant screening, interviewing, conducting reference and background checks and completing offer letters and applicable paperwork for all new hires.
• Ensures hotel is operating in full compliance with all provincially and federally legislated employment standards, guidelines and human rights codes.
• Promotes cultural programs including recognition programs, associate orientation & social squad committee.
• Completes performance measures reporting including turnover statistics, absenteeism and workplace accidents.
• Maintains associate files, database and associate communication boards and seniority lists.
Preferred Education & Qualifications:
• Minimum 2 experience as a Human Resources Coordinator or Generalist.
• Diploma/Certificate in Human Resources of Business Administration an asset
• Previous experience administering payroll and benefits plans required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office & Excel.
• Proven experience in managing multiple tasks, meeting deadlines and working under pressure.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Service focused and understands the principles and processes required for providing exceptional personal service in a timely manner.
• Experience in a unionized environment preferred.
• CHRP designation preferred or in progress
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
• does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
• does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately by email at [email protected] and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Victoria, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24