Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-01-11
Silfab Solar Inc. Process Technician Full Time in Mississauga, ON
Silfab Solar Inc.
Branch Mississauga ON CA
_Process Technician_ (Solar Module Manufacturing). Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products Six sigma, Lean…
Process Technician (Solar Module Manufacturing)
WE NEED AN ENERGETIC AND COMMITTED INDIVIDUAL WHO WILL
- 2-3 years of work experience in Solar Module manufacturing plant.
- Perform complete troubleshooting and changeover different configurations for TT1200, TT1800,
- TT 2100
- Optimize the soldering recipes for materials on the equipment for better productivity and to reduce losses in the process of complete finished product and achieve low breakage yield.
- Coordinate with research and development department to qualify BOMs and process techniques in order to optimize Cell-to-Module Loss.
- Programming and optimizing for ATN soldering parameters for cycle time and quality
- Optimize gel content, Adhesion tests to ensure supplier material meets internal qualification requirements in compliance with ASTM D2765 & ASTM D903
- Optimize the manufacturing process to ensure product meets highest quality of safety in compliance to UL 1703 standard, in addition to IEC 61215 module performance.
- Optimize the process in terms to meet mechanical load testing of Solar Modules in compliance with IEC- 61215 standards.
- Optimize the gel content tests, adhesion tests for Buerkle Laminators (2 Step, 3 Step) for the lamination process with different materials
- Perform Non Uniformity tests, Calibration and set up new products on QuickSun 820A Module Solar Simulator in compliance with IEC-60904-9
- Perform Non Uniformity tests, Calibration and set up new products on Pasan
SunSim 3c in compliance with IEC60904 standards.
- Knowledge on calibrating vision systems[ Vitronic Vision system and Omron]
- Starts-up new products and equipment and supervises installation, troubleshoots initial production, ensures new processes and products meet requirements, documents and transfers to production
- Participates in multi-functional teams (industrial staff, R&D, Marketing, etc.) to resolve problems and develop new products.
- Maintains safety, product quality/yield, and manufacturing effectiveness through daily troubleshooting and resolution of process difficulties working in a cross-functional team environment
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Perform all duties to operate all equipment, all within limitation of the standard methods and procedures and in accordance with strict adherence to safety, environmental quality and productivity requirements.
- Ensure finished product meets Silfab Ontario quality standard.
- Understand machine controls, properties of materials, associated quality tests and standards to determine root causes of quality defects and effectively trouble-shoot the process.
- Graduate in Mechanical/Electrical Technology program at College/university.
- Good Knowledge of the application of statistical tools in process control and product monitoring.
- Background demonstrating initiative and acceptance of full responsibility for a job
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products Six sigma, Lean Manufacturing training courses
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Process Technician: 1 year