OverviewSika Group Director of Technology Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Director of Technology
Responsible for setting the technology strategy ensuring that the company will have technology advantages over the competition….
Broad Function and Purpose of Position:
Responsible to manage both administratively and technically the laboratory and technical services activities and personnel. Responsible for setting the technology strategy ensuring that the company will have technology advantages over the competition. Manage product research and development.
- Develop the tests to verify the conformity of the products.
- Complete and review R&D formulations.
- Keep up to date the manufacturing procedures.
- Supervise and/or carry out the research states.
- Establish and maintain technical services.
- Assist Marketing in collecting and analyzing competitors’ activities
- Responsible for transferring new products/technologies to production.
- Evaluate competitive technologies, new raw materials and new processes
- Responsible for managing assigned projects from idea proposal to product release.
- Review idea proposals, research and development proposals, field trial proposals and product releases on projects assigned to the laboratory and technical services.
- P/L responsibility for functional area.
- Perform employee performance appraisals. Job Requirements • Chemist or Chemical Engineer university degree or equivalent experience.
- Work experience in research and development.
- 10+ years supervisory experience.
- Must be proficient with MS Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual (French/English; spoken and written).
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-24