OverviewSifton Properties Maintenance Worker (PT) Part Time in Waterloo, ON
Branch Waterloo ON CA
Maintenance Worker (PT)
Training/knowledge in plumbing, electrical work, painting and minor repairs. Follows and monitors the maintenance program (heating, plumbing, water, gas,…
Location: Retirement Living
Reporting to the Environmental Services Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring quality maintenance service to our buildings and for professional customer service to our residents.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at 519-434-1000.
Successful Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Persons Screening must be provided prior to beginning employment.
- Follows and monitors the maintenance program (heating, plumbing, water, gas, electrical, mechanical, communications, carpentry, painting, plastering, refinishing and similar work, grounds care, and maintenance of institutional equipment).
- Schedules and performs maintenance on repair, preventative, replacement and new installations.
- Informs Environmental Services Manager of supplies and equipment needed.
- Keeps detailed records of work performed
- Aids in receiving supplies delivered to the residence and in placing these supplies in the proper storage areas.
- Co-ordinates work in this department with other departments’ functions so as not to disturb or interrupt resident care or normal business functions.
- Advises and consults with the Environmental Services Manager on maintenance and repair needs concerning structural equipment and grounds.
- Inspects all equipment and systems regularly for proper functioning and safety.
- Inspects building and grounds regularly for compliance with local codes, ordinances and safety regulations. Prepares and submits reports as directed by the Environmental Services Manager.
- Is on call for emergencies.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong customer service focus and excellent communication skills
- Three to five years related experience
- Training/knowledge in plumbing, electrical work, painting and minor repairs
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with HVAC systems, preventative maintenance programs
- Ability to work in a cooperative, team environment
- Is familiar with the provisions of the Occupational health and Safety Act
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Waterloo, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-02-19