OverviewSienna Senior Living Lifestyle Consultant Full Time in Port Coquitlam, BC
Sienna Senior Living
Branch Port Coquitlam BC CA
Port Coquitlam, BC
The Lifestyle Consultant is responsible for the provision of appropriate recreation, lifestyle and wellness services and programs within budgetary guidelines…
We’re on a quest to find a Lifestyle Consultant at our Astoria Retirement Residence.
As a valued member of the team, the Lifestyle Consultant will help us champion our collective commitment to deliver quality service and fulfill our mission to help residents live fully every day.
The Lifestyle Consultant is responsible for the provision of appropriate recreation, lifestyle and wellness services and programs within budgetary guidelines and the organization’s standards, policies and procedures.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
- Provides and assesses for recreation therapy activities including outings in accordance with established policy, physician’s orders, resident plan of care and within the scope of practice.
- Participates in initial orientation and leisure assessment of residents and assesses their interests, activity needs and desires. Maintains awareness of changes in the needs of residents in order to modify programs.
- Identifies and encourages opportunities for residents to share special skills or knowledge with others, inside and outside of the residence.
- Maintains a positive image of the residence through ongoing communications with the community and local media (press releases to be handled through Head Office marketing).
- Coordinates the volunteer and student placement program for the residence, including recruitment, orientation, directing job assignments, recognition and evaluation of volunteers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS (but not limited to):
- Degree in Recreation/Leisure Studies coupled with Gerontology courses.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in recreation planning for seniors.
- Certified Fitness Instructor through Canadian Center for Active Aging (CCAA) such as SFIC and/or FFOA Certification, CANFIT PRO or willing to certify within one year.
- Ability to maintain budget and quality standards.
- Valid driver’s license (Class 4 if you drive a bus).
Posting Open Date: September 3, 2015
Posting Close Date: September 24, 2015
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly to:
2245 Kelly Avenue
Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 0B1
Email: [email protected]
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23