OverviewSienna Senior Living Activation Aide Part Time in Toronto, ON
Sienna Senior Living
Branch Toronto ON CA
Food Handlers Certificate is required. The Activation Aide assists in the planning, implementing and evaluating of recreation, lifestyle and wellness services…
We’re on a quest to find an Activation Aide at Midland Gardens Care Community.
As a valued member of the team, the Activation Aide will help us champion our collective commitment to deliver quality care and fulfill our mission to help residents live fully every day.
The Activation Aide assists in the planning, implementing and evaluating of recreation, lifestyle and wellness services and programs to meet the various social, emotional, physical, spiritual, intellectual, and leisure interests and needs of the residents.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
- Coordinates planning activities, communicating programs, purchasing supplies, decorating, setting up, facilitating, overseeing and assisting residents, cleaning up, documenting, and evaluating programs.
- Actively and effectively facilitate programs in the home including but not limited to one to one, small and large groups and special events that meet the needs of the residents.
- Completes resident assessments and establish goals and interventions based on the residents identified needs and problems.
- Completes documentation related to programming including but not limited to assessment, attendance, progress notes, care plans, and quarterly reviews.
- Seek opportunities to collaborate with other therapy programs i.e. pet therapy, music therapy, art therapy, and to connect the home with the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS (but not limited to):
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in activation, recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field from a community college or university or current enrollment in a community college or university in a diploma or degree program in such a field.
- Current Standard and/or Emergency First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Food Handlers Certificate is required.
- Previous experience in program planning, documentation, and evaluation required.
- Competency in MedeCare, MS Office is an asset.
Posting Open Date: May 24, 2016
Posting Close Date: June 7, 2016
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly to:
Director of Resident Programs
130 Midland Avenue
Toronto, ON M1N 3Z8
Email: [email protected]
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment process.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-25