OverviewSickKids POCU Attendant Contract in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Minimum six (6) months of recent direct patient care experience or 1 year experience in a related patient care capacity….
As a POCU / OR Attendant, you are responsible for providing support within the Operating Room (OR) and Post-Anaesthesia Care Unit (PACU) for various housekeeping and portering duties, maintenance of supplies and equipment in an aseptic environment, with focus on decontamination, disinfection, sterilization, infection control, positioning, and workplace safety.
Shift: Days/Evenings/Weekends & Days/Nights/Weekends
Although this posting indicates an initial area of assignment and shift, the Hospital reserves the right to assign to other areas of assignment and shifts as deemed necessary
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do:
- Completes cleaning as per hospital protocols, as required.
- Maintains cleaning related equipment and cleaning of non-theatre areas including window, vents, wall, ceilings, light fixtures, etc.
- Delivers specifically prepared drug trays and other equipment as needed.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of OR table, positioning devices and accessories and assists with the application of these.
- Gathers positioning related equipment as directed by RN.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies, equipment and linen. Stocks supplies to areas as required.
- Provide support during initial positioning of patients prior to and support positioning changes during procedures as required.
- Provide support of skin preparation of patients according to established procedures.
- Participate in transport of patients to all post-operative areas.
- Transports equipment and supplies as needed for procedures.
- Assisting the POCU team with items pertaining to patient care activities as necessary.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Completion of an OR Attendant Certification program is an asset.
- Minimum six (6) months of recent direct patient care experience or 1 year experience in a related patient care capacity
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an OR Attendant certification program.
- Completion of a PSW certificate program an asset.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid Certificate an asset.
- Effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills to work with the cross functional team.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
- Knowledge of medical terminology an asset.
A written test is required to be written and passed prior to consideration.
Employment Type: Part Time (No guarantee of hours)
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24