OverviewSickKids Information Technology Trainee Temporary in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Information Technology Trainee
We are currently seeking an IT Trainee to join the Perioperative Information Services team. Must be proficient with MS Office….
We are currently seeking an IT Trainee to join the Perioperative Information Services team. The Perioperative Care Unit covers pre-operative, intra-operative, and post-operative phases of care for patient’s having surgery. You will have an opportunity to do data entry, photography and videography of medical supplies/instruments and provide support to our information systems. If you want to work for an organization that prides itself on creating a thriving career for employees, then this opportunity is for you!
As a leading employer we recognize that our employees are our greatest strength as they form our vision, carry out our mission and represent our values.
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do:
- On-site or phone support of the Perioperative Information Systems.
- Data entry.
- Labeling Instruments/Sets/Shelves.
- Assist in the implementation of an Instrument Tracking System.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Completion of Post Secondary Sterile Supply Processing Certificate including clinical practicum placement (Centennial College or equivalent) or CSAO (Central Services Association of Ontario) (Central Services Techniques) course with a minimum of 1 year full time related experience.
- MDRT (Medical Device Reprocessing Technician) Certification or equivalent
- Experience with Photoshop CS5, Premiere Pro CC, After Effects Pro CC, Final Cut Pro is an asset.
- Experience in Health Care is an asset.
- Experience with Surgical Information System (SIS) is an asset.
- Must be proficient with MS Office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Excellent work ethic that includes self-motivation and the proven ability to take on assignments and see them through to successful completion.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Creativity and high attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Employment Type : Temporary, Full-Time (one year contract)
Our Commitment to Diversity
SickKids is strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to diversity within our organization.
SickKids is also committed to providing services in both official languages and our preference is to hire employees who are fluent in both English and French whenever possible.
Thank you for your interest in joining SickKids. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with our Hospital policy, employment at SickKids is conditional upon the Hospital’s receipt of all necessary documentation.
How to Apply
Tip: Combine your cover letter and resume into ONE document as youcannot upload multiple documents as part of your application.
Tip: Ensure that the name of the document containing your covering letter & resume does not contain special characters, symbols or accent symbols (é, : / ? * [ ]) as this will prevent you from being able to successfully upload your document.
Tip: When uploading you resume avoid using the Cut/Paste Cover Letter/Resume option as resumes are not formatted and difficult to read.
Tip: After uploading your resume look for any items that indicate ‘Please update’ or are blank in the Work Experience or Degree section. If you notice any blank sections select the link and either update the information or use the garbage icon to remove this item from your application. You will not be able to submit your application until all missing items have been either updated or deleted.
Tip: If pages are not opening or you are experiencing long wait times, try using a different browser. Recommended browsers are: Internet Explorer versions 7, 8, 9 or Safari version 3, 4, 5.
Tip: Ignore questionnaires that may be sent to you via email.
If you are still experiencing technical difficulties please email [email protected] to send us a short description of the issues you are experiencing. Please note that we will not accept resumes sent to this inbox but we are happy to respond to requests for technical assistance.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24